Thread: Disabled

Post imported post

I may have posted the fact that I'm in a wheelchair before, anyway I have a serious question for all of you.

Do you think I get treated differently in a traffic stop because I'm disabled. I ask because I read many horror stories here and just wonder.

I have been pulled over 3 times in my life and haven't even had a cop look at me funny.

The police know I am disabled because I have restrictions on my license, as far as required equipment in my car.

Don't pull any punches, tell me your opinion.

Thanks..

Post imported post

What do you mean by treated differently? Just treated under different circumstances than what an officer would treat a non-disabled person?

I wouldn't think so, but that's just my opinion.

Post imported post

Just seems people get awkward around me sometimes

Post imported post

Just seems people get awkward around me sometimes
    ------------------------------------------------
    Happens to me all the time. I guess the people around here are just not used to a man on an mobility scooter with an openly carried pistol.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

I had a weird thought. 2 disabled dudes charging downhill towards zombies with our guns blazing.

Then when we run out of rifle ammo we draw pistils and fight till they eat our brains.

Sorry, a Bruce Campbell image.

Banned

Post imported post

opinion on what? no question asked other than telling us your disabled.

Post imported post

i wonder if you are "more allowed" to carrybecause your ability to defend your self is imparred? cops often ask, "what do you need a gun for?" knowing i could run, or fight! but you dont have that option, so in a sense you are more deserving of the right to carry than us. maybe thats why they dont question your gun carry?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

No sorry my question is would I be treated differently.

edit plz delete: question answered

Post imported post

Thanks thats what I was wondering.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Probably scottydog, but don't feel bad about it. Hopefully its empathy and folks wanna be more helpful and less critical because of your situation, and sometimes I notice some folks are uncomfotable around others who are "differant".
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Yes, cops often Ask me why I feel the need to carry a gun . being 6'2'' and 230 I guesss they are implying that somehow I shouldn't use a gun to defend myself but I suppose that if I were in a wheelchair and thus looked more like a victem they would be less likely to have a problem with it. Also many cops who have a problem with OC don't like to be made to feal that they are now no better than the unwashed masses they have a gun I have a gun, They have been trained on how to use it, I have been trained on how to use it. They only feal comfortable dealing with people from a dominate possision and to see the field leveled makes them uncomfortable. I would think this attitude is negated by the fact that they see you as being at a disadvantage to themselves because you are in a chair. thery feal that inspite of the fact you are armed they are still supperior and thus have less of a problem with you having a gun.