Thread: Open carry WI in 20 years?

Post imported post

IMHO, we will have NO tolerance gun control in 20 years. Meaning you can OC a firearm so long as you do not use your firearm in a "thug" like manner. Which means, that you may not fire your firearm from a car...etc.(unless there is a direct threat to you,of your families safety)...also I believe that a state mandated class for firearm safety will be mandated for ANY person wanting to OC/CC a firearm.(just to weed out all the crazies)

Post imported post

.....................ok?

Post imported post

M9_Shamalan wrote:
    IMHO, we will have NO tolerance gun control in 20 years. Meaning you can OC a firearm so long as you do not use your firearm in a "thug" like manner. Which means, that you may not fire your firearm from a car...etc.(unless there is a direct threat to you,of your families safety)...also I believe that a state mandated class for firearm safety will be mandated for ANY person wanting to OC/CC a firearm.(just to weed out all the crazies)
    Regulating ANY rights guaranteed by the US constitution is a VERY slippery slope M9, and I hope that for our sake, we do not see this happen in our lifetime. For I fear that if we do, we may be staring down the barrel of another revolution...
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I pray the revolution has started, that somewhere blood is quietly dripping... From the seeds so watered may grow a mighty oak.

Post imported post

I hope the Revolution is over by then.. Who wants to wait that long.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

M9 they may try to take it that far, they must suceed. But no sooner than they'll succeed than we'll follow. Because we wont follow........ And you know that. I will never register a gun, nor will I let my children if I have kids. The sooner they pass some BIG anti-gun legislation the sooner they find out how big of a mistake it is to **** with peoples personal rights!

Ben

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

The revolt or revolution is already under way IMO. Look at the TEA parties happening, look at the huge amounts of firearms purchased by people who thought they would never own a firearm. Ammo is scarce.

People are worried, they are already protesting. and the messiahs approval rating is falling quicker than panties after the high-school prom.

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    The revolt or revolution is already under way IMO. Look at the TEA parties happening, look at the huge amounts of firearms purchased by people who thought they would never own a firearm. Ammo is scarce.

People are worried, they are already protesting. and the messiahs approval rating is falling quicker than panties after the high-school prom.
    The spark that starts it all, won't be More Taxes, most of the sheep in this country will grumble, but they will keep on haning over their pay checks to uncle sam.

The big spark that ignites the big R word will be the next Assault weapons ban.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Banned

Post imported post

M9_Shamalan wrote:
    I will not be in favor of state mandated training......EVER!

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    M9_Shamalan wrote:
    I am not in favor of it either, but it's the ONLY way we w will ever get Legal Concealed carry in this state.

Banned

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    On this we agree. EVER!

But this ignorance is the cracking wedge in 'unity'! The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Post imported post

We would have to flush Milwaukee and Madison in order to get VT or AK style carry (no permit required), so it would be a huge victory to get CCW permitted and leave OC alone. Retaining State preemption and preventing anti OC State legislation will definitely be a positive....

The police chiefs can not decide on CCW training for the Federally mandated permits even though there are 48 States with training programs they can adopt.

Banned

Post imported post

In general it is better to want what you have than to have what you want.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    How so? Both instances are logically identical. In the first instance you have the set of things you want plus the set of things you have. In the second instance, you have the same.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

Shotgun wrote:
    Doug Huffman wrote:
    How so? Both instances are logically identical. In the first instance you have the set of things you want plus the set of things you have. In the second instance, you have the same.

If you are satisfied with what you have and "continue wanting them" you will be happier than if you are putting focus ona list of things you do not yet have and still want even if you are able to eventually get and "have" those things on that list.

Continuing to appreciate things you already have will make you a happier person...

I suppose that I will continue to be less happy by not being satisfied withjust enjoying OC without CCW and I will continue towantCCW in Wisconsin.

Post imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
    Shotgun wrote:
    Doug Huffman wrote:

If you are satisfied with what you have and "continue wanting them" you will be happier than if you are putting focus ona list of things you do not yet have and still want even if you are able to eventually get and "have" those things on that list.

Continuing to appreciate things you already have will make you a happier person...

I suppose that I will continue to be less happy by not being satisfied withjust enjoying OC without CCW and I will continue towantCCW in Wisconsin.
    I have to agree with you on this, I enjoy all ofthings but I also enjoy acquiring new things when ever possible..

Post imported post

What I would like to see is open and concealed carry as rights with a permit system available for those who want to carry in other states.
    HR 218 rights available to anyone who would get one of those permits.
    Right now, I cringe when I think of a NYC police officer visiting Wisconsin and freaks out if he sees someone openly carrying.

Post imported post

A NYC cop should know that his home is not the norm at all. I bet the NYC cop would CC anyway...

Post imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
    Shotgun wrote:
    Doug Huffman wrote:

Well, any particular person can be happy about anything. However to suggest, that as a rule, one is more happy when one is satisfied with what one already has-- than the happiness one gets from contemplating some eventual satisfaction-- is certainly debatable. Is it certain that the happiness you feel in prison is greater than the happiness of focusing on your release? Is a happy masturbator happier with what they literally have in their hands or with the thought of an upcoming hot date? It's not so clear to me that one is a happier person by being satisfied with what they have compared to the contemplation of what they may have. Religion is based upon the promise of having something better than what you already have. That's a possible psychological explanation of why it is so successful. [Thought-provoking quote from Nietzsche: "Buddhism promises nothing, but fulfills; Christianity promises everything, but fulfills nothing." And this, from John Stuart Mill: "... it is better to be a human dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied."]

In any event, your premises are different than Doug's original premise which spoke only of things one wants and one has. He said nothing about things one does not have but wants.

You can also strongly question whether happiness is the ultimate consideration. Kant, who is not too shabby of a philosopher, would say that when it comes to doing one's duty, one's happiness is irrelevant.

:celebrate I love philosophical debates in gun forums. They make me happy!

A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

I think government's healthcare takover will be a swift kick in the ass for people to wake the hell up.

Post imported post

Shotgun wrote:
    Well, any particular person can be happy about anything. However to suggest, that as a rule, one is more happy when one is satisfied with what one already has-- than the happiness one gets from contemplating some eventual satisfaction-- is certainly debatable. Is it certain that the happiness you feel in prison is greater than the happiness of focusing on your release? Is a happy masturbator happier with what they literally have in their hands or with the thought of an upcoming hot date?
    I would debate that the rule has a solid basis. The prisoner must make the best of his current situation while using the prospect of an eventual release as the motivation for doing so. If he does not, he may end up doing something foolish which would extend his sentence.

The happy masturbator should get satisfaction from fulfilling one's self and not be dependent on the sexual pleasure derived from others or he will be more often dissappointed than not. Not all "hot dates" will result in sexual orgasm whereeach and every masturbation session is more likely to...

None of this dismisses the pleasure of getting new "things" or the pleasure of intercourse with others but merely states that one's sense of happiness should not be dependent upon it.

Post imported post

Shotgun wrote:
    In any event, your premises are different than Doug's original premise which spoke only of things one wants and one has. He said nothing about things one does not have but wants.
    If you go back to his verbage, it is relevant...... "have what you want" can infer to having after wanting.

Post imported post

Shotgun wrote:
    You can also strongly question whether happiness is the ultimate consideration. Kant, who is not too shabby of a philosopher, would say that when it comes to doing one's duty, one's happiness is irrelevant.
    Kant also puts more stock into good intentions than good deeds. If a horrible act was motivated by a sense of moralduty, then the act is not intrinsically "bad". This could be construed to support the bombing of abortion clininics.