• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry WI in 20 years?

M9_Shamalan

imported post

IMHO, we will have NO tolerance gun control in 20 years. Meaning you can OC a firearm so long as you do not use your firearm in a "thug" like manner. Which means, that you may not fire your firearm from a car...etc.(unless there is a direct threat to you,of your families safety)...also I believe that a state mandated class for firearm safety will be mandated for ANY person wanting to OC/CC a firearm.(just to weed out all the crazies)

Passive101

imported post

.....................ok?

magic-8-ball.gif

Landose_theghost

imported post

M9_Shamalan wrote:
IMHO, we will have NO tolerance gun control in 20 years. Meaning you can OC a firearm so long as you do not use your firearm in a "thug" like manner. Which means, that you may not fire your firearm from a car...etc.(unless there is a direct threat to you,of your families safety)...also I believe that a state mandated class for firearm safety will be mandated for ANY person wanting to OC/CC a firearm.(just to weed out all the crazies)
Regulating ANY rights guaranteed by the US constitution is a VERY slippery slope M9, and I hope that for our sake, we do not see this happen in our lifetime. For I fear that if we do, we may be staring down the barrel of another revolution...

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

M9 they may try to take it that far, they must suceed. But no sooner than they'll succeed than we'll follow. Because we wont follow........ And you know that. I will never register a gun, nor will I let my children if I have kids. The sooner they pass some BIG anti-gun legislation the sooner they find out how big of a mistake it is to **** with peoples personal rights!

Ben

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

The revolt or revolution is already under way IMO. Look at the TEA parties happening, look at the huge amounts of firearms purchased by people who thought they would never own a firearm. Ammo is scarce.

People are worried, they are already protesting. and the messiahs approval rating is falling quicker than panties after the high-school prom.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nutczak wrote:
The revolt or revolution is already under way IMO. Look at the TEA parties happening, look at the huge amounts of firearms purchased by people who thought they would never own a firearm. Ammo is scarce.

People are worried, they are already protesting. and the messiahs approval rating is falling quicker than panties after the high-school prom.

The spark that starts it all, won't be More Taxes, most of the sheep in this country will grumble, but they will keep on haning over their pay checks to uncle sam.

The big spark that ignites the big R word will be the next Assault weapons ban.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

M9_Shamalan wrote:
I will not be in favor of state mandated training......EVER!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
M9_Shamalan wrote:
I will not be in favor of state mandated training......EVER!
I am not in favor of it either, but it's the ONLY way we w will ever get Legal Concealed carry in this state.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

We would have to flush Milwaukee and Madison in order to get VT or AK style carry (no permit required), so it would be a huge victory to get CCW permitted and leave OC alone. Retaining State preemption and preventing anti OC State legislation will definitely be a positive....

The police chiefs can not decide on CCW training for the Federally mandated permits even though there are 48 States with training programs they can adopt.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
In general it is better to want what you have than to have what you want.
How so? Both instances are logically identical. In the first instance you have the set of things you want plus the set of things you have. In the second instance, you have the same.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
How so? Both instances are logically identical. In the first instance you have the set of things you want plus the set of things you have. In the second instance, you have the same.

If you are satisfied with what you have and "continue wanting them" you will be happier than if you are putting focus ona list of things you do not yet have and still want even if you are able to eventually get and "have" those things on that list.

Continuing to appreciate things you already have will make you a happier person...

I suppose that I will continue to be less happy by not being satisfied withjust enjoying OC without CCW and I will continue towantCCW in Wisconsin.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
Shotgun wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

If you are satisfied with what you have and "continue wanting them" you will be happier than if you are putting focus ona list of things you do not yet have and still want even if you are able to eventually get and "have" those things on that list.

Continuing to appreciate things you already have will make you a happier person...

I suppose that I will continue to be less happy by not being satisfied withjust enjoying OC without CCW and I will continue towantCCW in Wisconsin.
I have to agree with you on this, I enjoy all ofthings but I also enjoy acquiring new things when ever possible..

Mr.arker

imported post

What I would like to see is open and concealed carry as rights with a permit system available for those who want to carry in other states.
HR 218 rights available to anyone who would get one of those permits.
Right now, I cringe when I think of a NYC police officer visiting Wisconsin and freaks out if he sees someone openly carrying.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
Shotgun wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

Well, any particular person can be happy about anything. However to suggest, that as a rule, one is more happy when one is satisfied with what one already has-- than the happiness one gets from contemplating some eventual satisfaction-- is certainly debatable. Is it certain that the happiness you feel in prison is greater than the happiness of focusing on your release? Is a happy masturbator happier with what they literally have in their hands or with the thought of an upcoming hot date? It's not so clear to me that one is a happier person by being satisfied with what they have compared to the contemplation of what they may have. Religion is based upon the promise of having something better than what you already have. That's a possible psychological explanation of why it is so successful. [Thought-provoking quote from Nietzsche: "Buddhism promises nothing, but fulfills; Christianity promises everything, but fulfills nothing." And this, from John Stuart Mill: "... it is better to be a human dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied."]

In any event, your premises are different than Doug's original premise which spoke only of things one wants and one has. He said nothing about things one does not have but wants.

You can also strongly question whether happiness is the ultimate consideration. Kant, who is not too shabby of a philosopher, would say that when it comes to doing one's duty, one's happiness is irrelevant.

:celebrate I love philosophical debates in gun forums. They make me happy!