Thread: Some hypothetical sillyness

Battle Creek, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

So let's say you're carrying OC and you have your CPL.

You happen to encounter a seemingly friendly officer of the law who says "Hi there, I was just wondering if you have a CCW". You, thinking that he is using the common yet incorrect term answer "yes I do officer".

Does the officer now have RAS to detain you because you just admitted to having a felony firearms charge on your record and therefore must be possessing your firearm illegally?

It's late and I'm tired :shock:

Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Mulligan's Valley

Post imported post

We've seen in a regular basis that some police will do as they please, with or without RAS. But that doesn't mean much to this scenario, because the fundamental problem with it is that you shouldn't be answering questions like that.

Dean Greenblatt told me a while ago that a great response for police when dealing with gun related matters is something like "officer(s) I'm very willing to cooperate and answer any gun related questions you may have, but only in writing at a later date so as to avoid confusion and misunderstanding."

Whether or not it's said truthfully, that response could work well in your scenario, and many others.
    The most important lesson I have learned from my time in the freedom movement and further studying it is that trying to create an organization without preventing the issues caused by narcissistic sociopaths and democracy is a lot like heading to sea in a sieve. It'll never work.

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.