Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I fell in love today with a springfield xd 45

Post imported post

So today I went to Pro Gun in Cuyahoga Falls not somewhere I frequant to often since they are one of those elitist gun stores where if your younger than 47 your dumb as @#$% and dont matter. Any ways I looked at a glock 45 caliber and a springfield xd 45 the springfield is way (in the words of bush) "AWESOMER" than anything I have ever looked at.
    The Fullsize of this gun is really nice and the weight is perfect plus compared side by side and took it apart the springfield in my opionion has way more quality seeing the metal is larger and stonger.The spring mechinisium looks more stable than that garage door opener that the glock has.
    All in all I am hoping to find one used for a good price I exactly wanna shell out a min of 439 for one,so if any of you guys see one or know anyone who wants to get rid of theirs I want it.
    Springfield xd 45 your a sexy woman and I think ill call you maria.

Post imported post

I've had my XD45 Compact for a number of years now. No complaints... The grip is thinner than the comparable Glock so it's easier to handle for those with smaller hands as well.

Post imported post

I have A Springfield XD Compact 45 ACP Bi-Tone had it for 2 weeks,My dad has A Springfield XD compact 45 ACP Blued. We love the guns. I like it more then the custom Kimber 1911 45 ACP that he has. If you are looking to buy one I recommend checking out michigangunowners.com they have everythimg on there. That is where I got mine from

Post imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
    So today I went to Pro Gun in Cuyahoga Falls not somewhere I frequant to often since they are one of those elitist gun stores where if your younger than 47 your dumb as @#$% and dont matter. Any ways I looked at a glock 45 caliber and a springfield xd 45 the springfield is way (in the words of buch) "AWESOMER" than anything I have ever looked at.
    The Fullsize of this gun is really nice and the weight is perfect plus compared side by side and took it apart the springfield in my opionion has way more quality seeing the metal is larger and stonger.The spring mechinisium looks more stable than that garage door opener that the glock has.
    All in all I am hoping to find one used for a good price I exactly wanna shell out a min of 439 for one,so if any of you guys see one or know anyone who wants to get rid of theirs I want it.
    Ooh, that shop sounds awesome, since I just turned 47 this year! (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Of the double stack .45acp choices, my smallish hands do best with the XD-45. My wish list includes the samegun in 10mm..

Post imported post

Welcome to the dark side. I have an XD-40 and girlfriend has an XD-9. They are great handguns.

Post imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
    So today I went to Pro Gun in Cuyahoga Falls not somewhere I frequant to often since they are one of those elitist gun stores where if your younger than 47 your dumb as @#$% and dont matter. Any ways I looked at a glock 45 caliber and a springfield xd 45 the springfield is way (in the words of buch) "AWESOMER" than anything I have ever looked at.
    I have an XD-45 service model (4" barrel) and an XD-9-SC (3" barrel) and I will probably request that they be buried with me so I will have them in the afterlife. I have several orther pistols but as you can see these are the favorites.

Post imported post

Good for you man, Springfield Makes some Great Guns.

Post imported post

What are your likes and dislikes of this gun?
    HAha nice one Brian congrads on making it to 47 im 24 and im just learning about all of this gun stuff. My pops is in the Army but that didnt help since he was always gone so I apperciate all of the input.
    I am looking foward to purchasing my first Spring field 45 xd.

Have any of you guys tried to hurt your XD intentanally or accidently did something crazy like run it over or drop it from some heights,maybe submerge it in water or sand?
    I just wanna see what the general consenses is on how extreme this XD really is.

Post imported post

I had the XD fall out of the original holster that it came with and landed in sand at A IDPA shoot.When I racked the slide I could feel and hear that it was packed with sand pretty bad but I keep shooting it and it never had A malfunction. I love the XD line they are very well built firearms and very tough. I recommend that if you do get A XD dont carry with the holster that it comes with because it will slide around on your belt and the retention is adjustable but not the greatest. I would recommend getting A Blackhawk Serpa holster,that is what I have and love it. I recommend the Serpa holster because you can still adjust the retention on it and you also have A lever on the side that you have to depress.

Post imported post

Actually I have been looking at them and that holster is crap idk why they would even sell it with one.Yeah I am with you on the Serpa although I was playing around with a blackhawk serpa holster and that horseshoe shapped polymer piece dosent seem to sturdy its to flimsey.

I almost wanna ask springfield to send me a test gun and have me to a stress test on it,more like throw it in a circle pit at a Grind/DEath Metal pit and see if it still works after lol.
    Well the thought occured when I was watching a NTUTNFANCY vid and they tested out a XD and they dropped the mag on the ground and it kept double feeding and jamming.

Post imported post

If the gun fell out of the holster than the tention nut was obviously too loose. That's not the holsters fault its yours.It's not made to have max retention or to be used when carrying for personal defense just so you know.

I use that holster alot but never for defensive carry. It's never failed me.

But probably b/c I check the tention nut :P

Post imported post

Dustin wrote:
    If the gun fell out of the holster than the tention nut was obviously too loose. That's not the holsters fault its yours.It's not made to have max retention or to be used when carrying for personal defense just so you know.

I am tired of people coming off as they know everything about guns and accessories for them. I was just stating my opinion of the holster,I do know people that carry A XD in the holster that it came with for 2 years now and they live by it for self defense. I like the Serpa because you can adjust the retention nut,adjust the cant that you want on it,6 Different positions. and I dont have to check any tention nut. And the tentioner on the holster was not loose it was just the placement that I had the holster when Iwentto bend over for the scerino at the IDPA shoot it fell out.

Post imported post

Brian D. wrote:

My wish list includes the sameÂ*gun in 10mm..
    From your lips to Springfield's ears...

Post imported post

wally1120 wrote:
    Dustin wrote:

I am tired of people coming off as they know everything about guns and accessories for them. I was just stating my opinion of the holster,I do know people that carry A XD in the holster that it came with for 2 years now and they live by it for self defense. I like the Serpa because you can adjust the retention nut,adjust the cant that you want on it,6 Different positions. and I dont have to check any tention nut. And the tentioner on the holster was not loose it was just the placement that I had the holster when Iwentto bend over for the scerino at the IDPA shoot it fell out.

Umm, there is also a tention nut on the Serpa.

And Open Carry in the XD supplied holster is stupid. It barely rates a level 1 retention value. Not good.

Then again, there's no requirements so they can do as they wish, just not the smartest idea, especially since it might fall out like yours did

Post imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
    So today I went to Pro Gun in Cuyahoga Falls not somewhere I frequant to often since they are one of those elitist gun stores where if your younger than 47 your dumb as @#$% and dont matter. Any ways I looked at a glock 45 caliber and a springfield xd 45 the springfield is way (in the words of bush) "AWESOMER" than anything I have ever looked at.
    Jesus Christ dude! Spelling! Grammar! It hurts to read your post!

XD-45 is a great gun though, much better and nicer looking than Glock IMO!

Post imported post

CrossFire wrote:
    Bustelo5% wrote:
    I have an XD-45 service model (4" barrel) and an XD-9-SC (3" barrel) and I will probably request that they be buried with me so I will have them in the afterlife. I have several orther pistols but as you can see these are the favorites.
    I have the same choice of XDs Mine are all black - what are yours?

Post imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
    CrossFire wrote:
    Bustelo5% wrote:
    Mine are all black also. Great minds think alike huh.

Post imported post

CrossFire wrote:
    Chaingun81 wrote:
    CrossFire wrote:
    Bustelo5% wrote:
    Mine are all black also. Great minds think alike huh.

They sure do

Post imported post

I have a full size XD45, love it
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Umm, there is also a tention nut on the Serpa.

And Open Carry in the XD supplied holster is stupid. It barely rates a level 1 retention value. Not good.

Then again, there's no requirements so they can do as they wish, just not the smartest idea, especially since it might fall out like yours did

That is why I gotthe serpa holster. I didnt relly care for the holster that it came withand when it fell out at the IDPA shoot that relly did it to get A new holster. And I am also aware that the Serpa has A retention screw I see it everyday when I put theHolster on.

Post imported post

Funny thing is since people have been talking about that dumb factory holster Im looking for a XD that only comes with the mags since all that extra **** puts the cost up another 100 dollers for worthless crap like a stupid case.
    Thats a really good point you made about the holster you would have more retention in a walmart bbgun holster lol.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Guys, I do not know if the supplied holster with the XD is the same as what comes with the XD-m, But I like the SA holster. I simplytightened the retention screw (with the provided hex-wrench) and it grabs the trigger guard with an audible "Click" whenever I pull it out or reholster it.

if your firearm simply slips out of the SA holster, tighten it up!
    it is not the highest quality holster out there, but for a freebie it does just fine when properly adjusted. it beats the hell out of a flimsy nylon holster, but at the same time is not the same level of retention as a Serpa.

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    if your firearm simply slips out of the SA holster, tighten it up!
    it is not the highest quality holster out there, but for a freebie it does just fine when properly adjusted. it beats the hell out of a flimsy nylon holster, but at the same time is not the same level of retention as a Serpa.
    Yea but for some reason that doesn't make since here :quirky

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    Guys, I do not know if the supplied holster with the XD is the same as what comes with the XD-m, But I like the SA holster. I simplytightened the retention screw (with the provided hex-wrench) and it grabs the trigger guard with an audible "Click" whenever I pull it out or reholster it.
    I have owned or shot both XDs and XD-Ms in theavailable calibers. I am definitely a fan of the XD over the Glocks which I have also owned in the past. The standard XD holster is not a paddle type like the M. I still prefer my Blackhawk Serpa and leather pancake over anything factory.

Post imported post

I had a couple XD9s but switched over to .45 and got my XD45CT a few weeks ago. I was originally looking for all black, but mine is actually a bi-tone. (Previous owner had the slide redone.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast