• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I fell in love today with a springfield xd 45

Bustelo5%

imported post

So today I went to Pro Gun in Cuyahoga Falls not somewhere I frequant to often since they are one of those elitist gun stores where if your younger than 47 your dumb as @#$% and dont matter. Any ways I looked at a glock 45 caliber and a springfield xd 45 the springfield is way (in the words of bush) "AWESOMER" than anything I have ever looked at.
The Fullsize of this gun is really nice and the weight is perfect plus compared side by side and took it apart the springfield in my opionion has way more quality seeing the metal is larger and stonger.The spring mechinisium looks more stable than that garage door opener that the glock has.
All in all I am hoping to find one used for a good price I exactly wanna shell out a min of 439 for one,so if any of you guys see one or know anyone who wants to get rid of theirs I want it.
Springfield xd 45 your a sexy woman and I think ill call you maria.

eyesopened

imported post

I've had my XD45 Compact for a number of years now. No complaints... The grip is thinner than the comparable Glock so it's easier to handle for those with smaller hands as well.

wally1120

imported post

I have A Springfield XD Compact 45 ACP Bi-Tone had it for 2 weeks,My dad has A Springfield XD compact 45 ACP Blued. We love the guns. I like it more then the custom Kimber 1911 45 ACP that he has. If you are looking to buy one I recommend checking out michigangunowners.com they have everythimg on there. That is where I got mine from

Brian D.

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
So today I went to Pro Gun in Cuyahoga Falls not somewhere I frequant to often since they are one of those elitist gun stores where if your younger than 47 your dumb as @#$% and dont matter. Any ways I looked at a glock 45 caliber and a springfield xd 45 the springfield is way (in the words of buch) "AWESOMER" than anything I have ever looked at.
The Fullsize of this gun is really nice and the weight is perfect plus compared side by side and took it apart the springfield in my opionion has way more quality seeing the metal is larger and stonger.The spring mechinisium looks more stable than that garage door opener that the glock has.
All in all I am hoping to find one used for a good price I exactly wanna shell out a min of 439 for one,so if any of you guys see one or know anyone who wants to get rid of theirs I want it.

Ooh, that shop sounds awesome, since I just turned 47 this year! :lol:(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Of the double stack .45acp choices, my smallish hands do best with the XD-45. My wish list includes the samegun in 10mm..

CrossFire

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
So today I went to Pro Gun in Cuyahoga Falls not somewhere I frequant to often since they are one of those elitist gun stores where if your younger than 47 your dumb as @#$% and dont matter. Any ways I looked at a glock 45 caliber and a springfield xd 45 the springfield is way (in the words of buch) "AWESOMER" than anything I have ever looked at.
I have an XD-45 service model (4" barrel) and an XD-9-SC (3" barrel) and I will probably request that they be buried with me so I will have them in the afterlife. I have several orther pistols but as you can see these are the favorites.

Bustelo5%

imported post

What are your likes and dislikes of this gun?
HAha nice one Brian congrads on making it to 47 im 24 and im just learning about all of this gun stuff. My pops is in the Army but that didnt help since he was always gone so I apperciate all of the input.
I am looking foward to purchasing my first Spring field 45 xd.

Have any of you guys tried to hurt your XD intentanally or accidently did something crazy like run it over or drop it from some heights,maybe submerge it in water or sand?
I just wanna see what the general consenses is on how extreme this XD really is.

wally1120

imported post

I had the XD fall out of the original holster that it came with and landed in sand at A IDPA shoot.When I racked the slide I could feel and hear that it was packed with sand pretty bad but I keep shooting it and it never had A malfunction. I love the XD line they are very well built firearms and very tough. I recommend that if you do get A XD dont carry with the holster that it comes with because it will slide around on your belt and the retention is adjustable but not the greatest. I would recommend getting A Blackhawk Serpa holster,that is what I have and love it. I recommend the Serpa holster because you can still adjust the retention on it and you also have A lever on the side that you have to depress.

Bustelo5%

imported post

Actually I have been looking at them and that holster is crap idk why they would even sell it with one.Yeah I am with you on the Serpa although I was playing around with a blackhawk serpa holster and that horseshoe shapped polymer piece dosent seem to sturdy its to flimsey.

I almost wanna ask springfield to send me a test gun and have me to a stress test on it,more like throw it in a circle pit at a Grind/DEath Metal pit and see if it still works after lol.
Well the thought occured when I was watching a NTUTNFANCY vid and they tested out a XD and they dropped the mag on the ground and it kept double feeding and jamming.

Dustin

imported post

If the gun fell out of the holster than the tention nut was obviously too loose. That's not the holsters fault its yours.It's not made to have max retention or to be used when carrying for personal defense just so you know.

I use that holster alot but never for defensive carry. It's never failed me.

But probably b/c I check the tention nut :p

wally1120

imported post

Dustin wrote:
If the gun fell out of the holster than the tention nut was obviously too loose. That's not the holsters fault its yours.It's not made to have max retention or to be used when carrying for personal defense just so you know.

I am tired of people coming off as they know everything about guns and accessories for them. I was just stating my opinion of the holster,I do know people that carry A XD in the holster that it came with for 2 years now and they live by it for self defense. I like the Serpa because you can adjust the retention nut,adjust the cant that you want on it,6 Different positions. and I dont have to check any tention nut. And the tentioner on the holster was not loose it was just the placement that I had the holster when Iwentto bend over for the scerino at the IDPA shoot it fell out.

Dustin

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
Dustin wrote:

I am tired of people coming off as they know everything about guns and accessories for them. I was just stating my opinion of the holster,I do know people that carry A XD in the holster that it came with for 2 years now and they live by it for self defense. I like the Serpa because you can adjust the retention nut,adjust the cant that you want on it,6 Different positions. and I dont have to check any tention nut. And the tentioner on the holster was not loose it was just the placement that I had the holster when Iwentto bend over for the scerino at the IDPA shoot it fell out.

Umm, there is also a tention nut on the Serpa. ;)

And Open Carry in the XD supplied holster is stupid. It barely rates a level 1 retention value. Not good.

Then again, there's no requirements so they can do as they wish, just not the smartest idea, especially since it might fall out like yours did :cool:

Chaingun81

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
So today I went to Pro Gun in Cuyahoga Falls not somewhere I frequant to often since they are one of those elitist gun stores where if your younger than 47 your dumb as @#$% and dont matter. Any ways I looked at a glock 45 caliber and a springfield xd 45 the springfield is way (in the words of bush) "AWESOMER" than anything I have ever looked at.

Jesus Christ dude! Spelling! Grammar! It hurts to read your post!

XD-45 is a great gun though, much better and nicer looking than Glock IMO!

Chaingun81

imported post

CrossFire wrote:
Bustelo5% wrote:
I have an XD-45 service model (4" barrel) and an XD-9-SC (3" barrel) and I will probably request that they be buried with me so I will have them in the afterlife. I have several orther pistols but as you can see these are the favorites.
I have the same choice of XDs :lol:Mine are all black - what are yours?

CrossFire

imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
CrossFire wrote:
Bustelo5% wrote:
Mine are all black also. Great minds think alike huh.:lol:

Chaingun81

imported post

CrossFire wrote:
Chaingun81 wrote:
CrossFire wrote:
Bustelo5% wrote:
Mine are all black also. Great minds think alike huh.:lol:

They sure do :lol:

wally1120

imported post

Umm, there is also a tention nut on the Serpa. ;)

And Open Carry in the XD supplied holster is stupid. It barely rates a level 1 retention value. Not good.

Then again, there's no requirements so they can do as they wish, just not the smartest idea, especially since it might fall out like yours did :cool:

That is why I gotthe serpa holster. I didnt relly care for the holster that it came withand when it fell out at the IDPA shoot that relly did it to get A new holster. And I am also aware that the Serpa has A retention screw I see it everyday when I put theHolster on.