Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There is an organized litter clean up on Saturday the 8th in Pontiac

Post imported post

CANCELED BY THE RAIN

My initial attempt to do a litter clean up in conjunction with the picnic in Auburn Hills hasn't ended up getting much interest, http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/27999.html

But Generaldet told me about a big litter clean up the day before, also scheduled for Pontiac.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...c580493393.txt

With the Dream Cruise coming up on Aug. 15 and the Arts, Beats & Eats-Festival of Hope happening during Labor Day weekend, business owners are looking to spruce up the downtown with a cleanup day on Saturday, Aug 8. “With the two festivals coming up — Dream Cruise and Art, Beats & Eats — and with a lot of visitors coming to town, we want to make sure they see a clean town,” said Lee Todd, of the Pontiac Downtown Business Association. The Pontiac Garden Club also is considering putting up some hanging planters to beautify the downtown. Councilman Everett Seay said he thinks it’s a great idea. “We don’t have a lot of money, but we have the spirit here in Pontiac,” Seay said. “We have over 2 million guests coming to town and we need to show our best.” “It is going to be a great day and let’s hope everyone comes out,” said Downtown Development Director Sandy-Michael McDonald Individuals or groups interested in assisting in the cleanup effort should contact Rachel Leas at Grace Centers of Hope at (248) 334-2187, ext. 34.
    It would be better for exposure with all of the people that would see us, and the likely press coverage. If we can get at least 4 or 5 people to go, I'd like to do it.

Is anyone both interested and available?

And this probably goes without saying, but there are more new people all the time, so in case anyone didn't know, there is no obligation to OC at this or any other event if you aren't comfortable doing so.

Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I wish I could be there to help with this one. It's a great opportunity to do some good for Pontiac.

Hopefully even just a couple people can help with this.

Post imported post

Won't be able to this Sat. Have my 2 year old's party to pull off. Sorry fellas.

Post imported post

I just spoke to Rachel, the organizer for this. She said that it's from 9-1 this Saturday, and we would need to bring our own garbage bags and gloves.

From talking with her they really have their work cut out for them. Hopefully a couple people can make it out.

Post imported post

I'm next door to Pontiac, in Auburn Hills. Count me in.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

DanM wrote:
    I'm next door to Pontiac, in Auburn Hills. Count me in.
    Thanks Dan, that's awesome. I updated an earlier post to include the meeting location.

Post imported post

I had to cancel my outing this weekend so I will be there. That makes 3 if we could get 2 more that would be great.

Post imported post

3 would do it, but it looks like I may have a friend come out that day to help us. Not sure yet.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

There was also a member of MGO who was at the picnic that may be interested.

Post imported post

bump

Post imported post

Mouse08 from MGO will be joining us as well. That makes 4 of us for tomorrow. Not too bad, thanks everyone. See you in the morning. I'll probably be there around 8:30 since I hear they expect a decent turnout.

Post imported post

I called Rachel about parking locations. Left a voicemail, so if/when she calls back I'll let you know. I think it's a good idea if we park and meet up at around the same location.

If anyone is alreadyaware of where to park, share it please.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

nope i was just going 2 find the closest place. i pm'd u

Post imported post

I just spoke with Rachel. The actual meet up of all participants will be at Grace Gospel Fellowship church at 210 N. Perry Street in Pontiac.

They have a good-sized parking lot at that church, and participants are free to park there. I suggest we park there.

Post imported post

Wow good catch Dan, I thought I had the right address, I will update on MGO.

Thanks!

Post imported post

That could be a very serious problem for anyone without a CPL. If there is anyone without a CPL that shows up, arrangements should be made with a CPL holder to remove their cased and unloaded gun from their trunk before getting to the church property.

Post imported post

Michigander can you update the original post to reflect the correct address. Sorry for giving you the wrong info.

Post imported post

Generaldet wrote:
    Michigander can you update the original post to reflect the correct address. Sorry for giving you the wrong info.
    Done a minute before you said that.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    ***SPECIAL NOTE***If you don't have a CPL and intend to come out and carry, you can't legally carry on church property, so you will need to park elsewhere, or make arrangements with a CPL holder to remove your gun from your trunk off church property before you park, and hand it to you off the property.
    If anyone is considering parking elsewhere, here are some possibilities:

There is a bicycle shop across from the church, on the other side of Woodward Loop and Perry (diagonally across the intersection).

Just north of the church, on the same side ofPerry, there are a couple of businesses with parking lots.

Check with the owner of the lot (if the business is open) to get their OK to park there. Mention that you are doing the charity litter clean-up for the church and that should help you.

Post imported post

The weather forecast says t storms all day.

I'll go out in the rain, but I won't be out if there is lightning. How about everyone else?

Post imported post

If it is storming or raining hard in the morning don't worry about coming out. On the other hand if it is just something light and looks like it will clear up then I'll be there.

We will play it by ear we can always update the thread around 7:30am tomorrow and make the final call then. Just hope for the best.

Post imported post

clickondetroit has a big gloom and doom all day t storm forecast, and wwj has a prediction for t storms at 8, mostly cloudy by 9. We'll see.

Post imported post

Well men, it looks pretty clear right now here the forecast though

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdet...nav_undeclared

looks like the rain is going to start around 9 and get worse

Post imported post

WWJ is still predicting the same thing. http://www.accuweather.com/us/mi/det...&hbhhour=8

I frankly trust none of them, and stopped doing so a long time ago. Not that I understand forecasting, but it seems like Michigan weather forecasters couldn't see a 500 mile wide hurricane coming, and would predict thunderstorms on a day with solely blue skies.

Generaldet and Dan, it's your call. You up for it or no?

Post imported post

Clean up today is canceled. :X We can reschedule another day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast