Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: South Haven Picnic-River side Park.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Where: River Side Park

Water St. South Haven, MI

When: Sunday September 13th

Time: 1:00-4:00

Please bring a dish to pass, and your own tableware. Folding chairs are nice to have as tables may be scarce. This is a nice park along the river, so if you want bring fishing gear.

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Put me down +1, as long as it stays the 13th.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

If the date stays the same, Sept 13th. I'm in.

Zigziggityzoo+1

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

edit: double tap

Post imported post

Post imported post

Count us is for two more! I'm sending the letter to the City of SH as well!

Post imported post

Tishhouse wrote:
    Count us is for two more! I'm sending the letter to the City of SH as well!
    I Will be doing a press release to the local news outlets as the date gets firmed up.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

I should be there and maybe one more.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

It's in my calendar; I'm planning on it..
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

I am in plus wife and kids!!!might evan get my fishing licence for that, Also I have 2 folding tables

Post imported post

Might be in. Depends on my school schedule for that week. Salmon typically swarm the rivers that time of the year, and I love salmon fishing! It would be a good excuse to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Post imported post

Shoot I was setting myself up to go... checking my schedule and everything. But then I searched South Haven and realized it's over 200 miles from me. Gonna have to sit this out, folks.

I wish those of you on the West Side the best of luck though!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Veritas wrote:
    Shoot I was setting myself up to go... checking my schedule and everything.* But then I searched South Haven and realized it's over 200 miles from me.* Gonna have to sit this out, folks.

I wish those of you on the West Side the best of luck though!
    Beautiful city, worth the drive. I'm going from Ann Arbor!

Post imported post

I'm driving from Lansing. Cabman is driving from Jackson.

Post imported post

It is beautiful I grew up there so sometimes I take it for granted .... It is worth a drive.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Yes, it is very nice out there. Usually I don't head out to the Western parts. However I am making the drive from Oxford for this one. And since it's on a Sunday I won't have to miss the Spartan game!!

Post imported post

It's not so much the distance... it's the amount of time it would take. That's a 6-hour drive round trip. Sunday's, anymore, are my only days to do things and get caught up around the house... I can't afford to spend a whole day in the car.

Post imported post

We are in!! There will be about 3 adults and two kids. Cant wait!!!

Post imported post

I'll be there, no doubt. I'll bring whoever I can, which could very well be no one, but at the very least I'll be there.
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

I just updated the post on MGO. Venator, I borrowed your map/attachment, hope thats not a problem. If it is, send me a PM (So I get an email alerting me) and I'll take the image down.

Post imported post

Received this very nice letter from the Chief of Police of South Haven. He has offered help and mentions some parking issues. The City attorney has change their position on the firearm ordinance as well.

I responded and thanked the Chief and invite him and his officers to the picnic.

Mr. Jeffs,

The City Manager has asked me to respond to you and to inquire if there is anything in the way of services that you need for your picnic on September 13, 2009? Parking may be somewhat of an issue for you, as Water Street is closed at Maple for construction of the new Water Filtration Plant. Parking near Waterfront Park is limited; however, there are other areas that you may want to use for parking.

Secondly, my officers have been instructed, as well as our dispatch center, on the proper procedures to handle any issues citizens might raise concerning open carry. Until the issue is settled at our attorney level, I have instructed our officers to make no arrests for open carry, as open carry does not violate the law. In the meantime, I have been informed that our city attorney (who primarily handles prosecution of ordinance) has indicated a change in position relative to the ordinance issues. It appears that he is now prepared to offer amendments to the City Code, striking firearms from the code of ordinances that is believed to be in conflict with State Law.

I hope you have an enjoyable day in South Haven for your picnic, and again, if there is anything you need to assist you please feel free to contact me. I don’t know how many you will have in attendance, but, I might be able to offer some close by parking options if you want.

Rod A. Somerlott

Chief of Police

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Maybe he can setup a shuttle service for us.

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

It would be nice to reminisce about the old days when the shuttle service came with those nice shiny bracelets:shock:. Oh I woke up and it was time to go to work.springerdave.

Post imported post

Rod really is a good guy and has done a good job in SH for years... I grew up there and know whereof I speak.. Also parking is tight down there right now BUT if you are willing to walk that is not an issue as you can park on several of the streets that feed down to Water street. There are drop off spots near the municipal marina which is next to the park... so folks can drop off stuff and then go park!

It doesn't surprise me that the attorney has changed his position... he was looking at the possibility if losing another client

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Rod really is a good guy and has done a good job in SH for years... I grew up there and know whereof I speak.. Also parking is tight down there right now BUT if you are willing to walk that is not an issue as you can park on several of the streets that feed down to Water street. There are drop off spots near the municipal marina which is next to the park... so folks can drop off stuff and then go park!

It doesn't surprise me that the attorney has changed his position... he was looking at the possibility if losing another client
    There's a good parking area up in town by the coffee shop (Juliana's?). They usually setup an ice skating rink in the lot in the wintertime. The lot used to be a for-fee lot, now it's free parking.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast