Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52

Thread: Hands off your weapon when OC

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Plymouth, MN, ,
    Posts
    250

    Post imported post

    I sincerely hope this guy wasn't an off duty LEO.

    At a flea market last weekend, they had some armed security floating around. One of the guys I kept seeing couldn't keep his hands off his weapon. Every time I saw him his had would go to his gun and he would start rubbing the grip and running his thumb across the hammer. He was also carrying in a cheap "Uncle Mike's" holster with no retention whatsoever. No thumb-break, no strap, nothing.

    I just don't understand why this guy would make folks comfortable, but me being OC in a retention holster and following strict "hands-off unless your drawing" discipline makes them nervous.

    I couldn't get away from this clown fast enough. I figured at best he was going to shoot himself.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    az, ,
    Posts
    685

    Post imported post

    not even a strap? maybe thats why he was holding it, he was paranoid someone was going to grab it

    some people are just dying for a couple squeezes of that trigger

  3. #3
    Regular Member Statesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    Daddyo wrote:
    I sincerely hope this guy wasn't an off duty LEO.

    At a flea market last weekend, they had some armed security floating around. One of the guys I kept seeing couldn't keep his hands off his weapon. Every time I saw him his had would go to his gun and he would start rubbing the grip and running his thumb across the hammer. He was also carrying in a cheap "Uncle Mike's" holster with no retention whatsoever. No thumb-break, no strap, nothing.

    I just don't understand why this guy would make folks comfortable, but me being OC in a retention holster and following strict "hands-off unless your drawing" discipline makes them nervous.

    I couldn't get away from this clown fast enough. I figured at best he was going to shoot himself.
    Someone needs to hand him one of those little troll dolls. Maybe he can stroke troll doll hair instead of his gun while cruising the flea market. It would look just as foolish.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    , Nevada, USA
    Posts
    716

    Post imported post

    At least one of you are smart enough to avoid the inevitable accident.:what:

    Were you at least able to keep itto a walk as you left the area? I don't know that I would have been able to.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    kent, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    474

    Post imported post

    Idk if your in a an area with lots of people retention is number one,hell I would use a serpa with a bungie lanyard and keep your forearm on the gun if there is a real threat of your gun being taken from you. And standing in an area where your not going to have people walk up behind you standing ur post 101. Good thing nothing did happen and inocent shoppers didnt get hurt.

  6. #6
    Regular Member hp-hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Manchester State Forest, SC
    Posts
    399

    Post imported post

    Daddyo wrote:
    ...I just don't understand why this guy would make folks comfortable, but me being OC in a retention holster and following strict "hands-off unless your drawing" discipline makes them nervous...
    Because he's wearing a uniform and therefore must be a professional who is well trained and knowledgable of firearm safety, whereas you're just a goober who carries a gun to compensate for a small penis andis looking to pop anyone in sight.

    >Sarcasm off. <

    I had the misfortune to have to report for jury duty selection a month or so ago and had a front row seat to see something that made me very uncomfortable. One of the individuals involved in the selection process was a member of the SC Highway Patrol. Obviously an office geek, a desk jockey, but he still had a G22 on his hip in a Blackhawk Serpa 2 duty holster anda J-frame on his ankle.

    This guy could not keep his right hand off the Glock. Rubbing the grip and magazine floorplate, dragging his index finger nail across the slide serrations and the one that I liked the best but scared me the most... He seemed to have trouble with his belt sagging from the weight of the gun, so he kept using his middle finger to lift it up by the muzzle every few minutes. Insert finger, lift up. One day he's gonna find out if it's true that a bullet needs a head start to do any damage. Or more likely he'll just go home with one less finger. I just hope he doesn't take out an innocent bystander.
    "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Delaware County, New York, USA
    Posts
    276

    Post imported post

    It is a fact that mentally disabled individuals tend not to know that masturbation needs to be done in private.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockingham, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    861

    Post imported post

    WheelGun wrote:
    It is a fact that mentally disabled individuals tend not to know that masturbation needs to be done in private.
    Hey , isn't it against the rules to make fun of other members ?



  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    694

    Post imported post

    "Every time I saw him his had would go to his gun and he would start rubbing the grip and running his thumb across the hammer."

    I would have said something sarcastic loud enough for a lot of people to hear it. Something about getting his rocks off from playing with his phallic symbol.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Delaware County, New York, USA
    Posts
    276

    Post imported post

    Are you sure he wasn't a 'Male Entertainer'?

  11. #11
    Regular Member XD40coyote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    woman stuck in Maryland, ,
    Posts
    709

    Post imported post

    I probably would have gone up to him and told him about places where he can take the NRA basic pistol class, and tell him what a retention holster is. Then I'd have gotten the hell outa there before he ND'd!

    I wonder what his patterns at the range look like? Can he even hit paper at 10 feet?

  12. #12
    Regular Member XD40coyote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    woman stuck in Maryland, ,
    Posts
    709

    Post imported post

    WheelGun wrote:
    Are you sure he wasn't a 'Male Entertainer'?
    What kinda gun did he have? If it was a Sig, then yes LOL( esp a bitone), and for the wheelgun ladies, a nice stainless .357 would be a yes.

    Hmm male entertainer- you mean for men perhaps instead? A pink Hello Kitty gun in that case...

    Of course he sounds like he is so stupid, that the only gun he should be carrying is a blue rubber training gun, cuz he sure needs training.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,607

    Post imported post

    Daddyo wrote:
    I sincerely hope this guy wasn't an off duty LEO.

    At a flea market last weekend, they had some armed security floating around. One of the guys I kept seeing couldn't keep his hands off his weapon. Every time I saw him his had would go to his gun and he would start rubbing the grip and running his thumb across the hammer. He was also carrying in a cheap "Uncle Mike's" holster with no retention whatsoever. No thumb-break, no strap, nothing.

    I just don't understand why this guy would make folks comfortable, but me being OC in a retention holster and following strict "hands-off unless your drawing" discipline makes them nervous.

    I couldn't get away from this clown fast enough. I figured at best he was going to shoot himself.
    OK, I am going to bet it was NOT some off duty cop.

    A guy groping and grabbing his gun is a guy that does not get to carry it that often. Cops carry 24/7 so the compulsion to do this is virtually non-existent.

    This type of behavior is often displayed in newer security guards that feel they are all mighty and powerful as they walk around. Typically... they are not even aware they are doing it. It just makes them feel good.

    Security guards often want to be cops but cannot get in at the moment or at all. They want to be viewed as powerful and respected and the gun can make that happen but not in the right way.

    Some citizens that carry guns are the same way.

    In regards to people being nervous....

    At that moment... the guard grabbing his and OCers are the same. Both can make people nervous having to wonder why.

    The guard has on a uniform and this tells everyone WHY he is armed. But playing with his gun makes them wary.

    OCers are NOT in a uniform so people will immediately question why that person has a gun and call the police after or even before they start grabbing at their gun.

    ** The preceding comments arefrom my educated opinion from years of first hand exposure.

  14. #14
    Regular Member hp-hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Manchester State Forest, SC
    Posts
    399

    Post imported post

    LEO 229 wrote:
    OK, I am going to bet it was NOT some off duty cop.

    A guy groping and grabbing his gun is a guy that does not get to carry it that often. Cops carry 24/7 so the compulsion to do this is virtually non-existent.

    This type of behavior is often displayed in newer security guards that feel they are all mighty and powerful as they walk around. Typically... they are not even aware they are doing it. It just makes them feel good.

    Security guards often want to be cops but cannot get in at the moment or at all. They want to be viewed as powerful and respected and the gun can make that happen but not in the right way...
    Apparently, you didn't read my post above. This was a full time South Carolina Highway Patrolman in the instance that I cited.

    So much for your behavioral analysis.
    "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,607

    Post imported post

    hp-hobo wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    OK, I am going to bet it was NOT some off duty cop.

    A guy groping and grabbing his gun is a guy that does not get to carry it that often. Cops carry 24/7 so the compulsion to do this is virtually non-existent.

    This type of behavior is often displayed in newer security guards that feel they are all mighty and powerful as they walk around. Typically... they are not even aware they are doing it. It just makes them feel good.

    Security guards often want to be cops but cannot get in at the moment or at all. They want to be viewed as powerful and respected and the gun can make that happen but not in the right way...
    Apparently, you didn't read my post above. This was a full time South Carolina Highway Patrolman in the instance that I cited.

    So much for your behavioral analysis.
    Not sure what your point is.. I quoted someone else.. not you.

    Save your pointless sarcasm for someone who cares.

    Just because you tell a story.. by no means makes it true.

    Here is my story.. This guy was OCing in North Carolina and he shot two people because he wasstroking his gun so long and hard that itjust "went off"


  16. #16
    Regular Member hp-hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Manchester State Forest, SC
    Posts
    399

    Post imported post

    LEO 229 wrote:
    Not sure what your point is.. I quoted someone else.. not you.

    Save your pointless sarcasm for someone who cares.

    Just because you tell a story.. by no means makes it true.

    Here is my story.. This guy was OCing in North Carolina and he shot two people because he wasstroking his gun so long and hard that itjust "went off"

    Sorry, I forgot. You're a cop. He's a cop. So that means it couldn't have possibly happened and I must be a liar. All civilians are liars. Is that how it works?

    Did you wonder why many people on this board (and elsewhere) have essentially no respect for law enforcement personell in general and seemingly you in particular?

    Go figure.

    "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Plymouth, MN, ,
    Posts
    250

    Post imported post

    LEO 229 wrote:
    [b][user=11940]
    OK, I am going to bet it was NOT some off duty cop.

    A guy groping and grabbing his gun is a guy that does not get to carry it that often. Cops carry 24/7 so the compulsion to do this is virtually non-existent.

    This type of behavior is often displayed in newer security guards that feel they are all mighty and powerful as they walk around. Typically...¬* they are not even aware they are doing it. It just makes them feel good.

    Security guards often want to be cops but cannot get in at the moment or at all. They want to be viewed as powerful and respected and the gun can make that happen but not in the right way.

    Some citizens that carry guns are the same way.

    In regards to people being nervous....

    At that moment... the guard grabbing his and OCers are the same. Both can make people nervous having to wonder why.

    The guard has on a uniform and this tells everyone WHY he is armed. But playing with his gun makes them wary.

    OCers are NOT in a uniform so people will immediately question why that person has a gun and call the police after or even before they start grabbing at their gun.

    ** The preceding comments are¬*from my educated opinion from years of first hand exposure.
    I think you pegged it. No way this guy would have passed any sort of physical. He may have been fondling it just to see if it was there, cause I don't think he could see it without a mirror if ya' know what I mean.

    Gun appeared to be a Ruger P-series, although I couldn't get a good look, so that also tends to make me think LEO-wannabe. He did have a shield-shaped badge next to his gun, but my tired old eyes couldn't read the lettering.

    What I found interesting/disturbing was that I seemed to be the only one alarmed by his behavior, as if everything he did was ok because his shirt said "Security" and he had a badge.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,607

    Post imported post

    hp-hobo wrote:
    Sorry, I forgot. You're a cop. He's a cop. So that means it couldn't have possibly happened and I must be a liar. All civilians are liars. Is that how it works?

    Did you wonder why many people on this board (and elsewhere) have essentially no respect for law enforcement personell in general and seemingly you in particular?

    Go figure.
    Ya.. Go figure...

    A few people here hate cops. The very same people who ask about citizens arrests and the best cuffs to carry. Guys that stash flex cuffs on their person and some even wanting to carry a CCW badge to display on their hip.

    Many tried to be a cop and were turned down. Others were cops and were fired. Others know they can never be a cop so they do not try. They just try to play one in real life. :shock:

    You can only speculate what happens at a police station. I see it first hand daily. I KNOW what goes on and how cops are. You... only see a clip of a bad cop on the TV or at your window handing you a ticket. I am not siding with anyone because they are a cop.. even if this has nothing to do with anything... I post my opinion.

    So do I wonder why people "Here" do not respect cops, hate them andme? Hell no! I know all the reasons. Some people are very open about it and PM me all the time with vulgarity. But they NEVER attend the OC dinners. I wonder why. Chumps!

    Those that have met me in person can attest that I am a very nice guy and they enjoy talking with me. Too many people read into what is said here. With any text.. you can read it any way you want and it may never be how the author said it.

    Most of what I post is my personal and educated opinion. And I joke around a ton!!

    So get over yourself... send me a few piggy, piggy and donut jokes.. and let's move along!! Nothing else to see here!

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,607

    Post imported post

    Daddyo wrote:
    I think you pegged it. No way this guy would have passed any sort of physical. He may have been fondling it just to see if it was there, cause I don't think he could see it without a mirror if ya' know what I mean.

    Gun appeared to be a Ruger P-series, although I couldn't get a good look, so that also tends to make me think LEO-wannabe. He did have a shield-shaped badge next to his gun, but my tired old eyes couldn't read the lettering.

    What I found interesting/disturbing was that I seemed to be the only one alarmed by his behavior, as if everything he did was ok because his shirt said "Security" and he had a badge.
    As I said.. I bet it was not... I never claimed it was not. :P For those claiming I am taking sides.

    Not that some new cop might not do it.... but this is not behavior I have ever seen outside the academy. I jump all over newbies in the academy that put they hands on their guns. I teach... if you need to be touching it.. you might as well draw it because you brain is telling you you are going to need it.

    I have seem many different security guards and uniforms. Badges, patches guns... Some work in plain clothes and CC with a security badge! Geezz!!

    But it seems that you were far more alert than the others. They saw a security guard and are conditioned to think the guards are unarmed or not much to worry about.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Santa Rosa, California, , USA
    Posts
    6

    Post imported post

    hp-hobo wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    Not sure what your point is.. I quoted someone else.. not you.

    Save your pointless sarcasm for someone who cares.¬*

    Just because you tell a story..¬* by no means makes it true.

    Here is my story..¬* This guy was OCing in North Carolina and he shot two people because he was¬*stroking his gun so long and hard that it¬*just "went off"¬*


    Sorry, I forgot.¬* You're a cop.¬* He's a cop.¬* So that means it couldn't have possibly happened and I must be a liar.¬* All civilians are liars.¬* Is that how it works?

    Did you wonder why many people on this board (and elsewhere) have essentially no respect for law enforcement personell in general and seemingly you in particular?

    Go figure.
    I believe what LEO 229 was saying, is that he was refering to the OP's story, and not yours. no reason to get ur panties in a bunch man.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brown Co. WI, , USA
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    When I was a cop, I did not massage my weapon, not at least that one! LOL! Though I have highrespect for the security industry, this sounds like a typical Rent-A-Cop.

  22. #22
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post

    I saw a good joke on the web. It showed a toilet; all blown to hell, with the words below the picture: Don't play with your gun while your on the toilet.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles Area, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,723

    Post imported post

    If I touch mine, it's coming out.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    kent, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    474

    Post imported post

    This is my riffle this is my gun,this is for fighting this is for fun..............

  25. #25
    Regular Member david.ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    LEO 229 wrote:

    OCers are NOT in a uniform so people will immediately question why that person has a gun and call the police after or even before they start grabbing at their gun.
    I wear a uniform, 10" tall boots included, outside of my place of abode.

    Even when I didn't wear a uniform, people would automatically assume I'm from one of the alphabet agencies. I always answered people when asked questions informing them I'm a citizen. Since I've worn my uniform, I don't receive as many questions, but at least I'm not asked if I'm a 1) special agent 2) US marshal or 3) bounty hunter. I'm still asked if I'm from any of the other alphabet agencies.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •