• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hands off your weapon when OC

PolishPrince

imported post

When I was a cop, I did not massage my weapon, not at least that one! LOL! Though I have highrespect for the security industry, this sounds like a typical Rent-A-Cop.

M

McX

imported post

I saw a good joke on the web. It showed a toilet; all blown to hell, with the words below the picture: Don't play with your gun while your on the toilet.

david.ross

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
OCers are NOT in a uniform so people will immediately question why that person has a gun and call the police after or even before they start grabbing at their gun.
I wear a uniform, 10" tall boots included, outside of my place of abode.

Even when I didn't wear a uniform, people would automatically assume I'm from one of the alphabet agencies. I always answered people when asked questions informing them I'm a citizen. Since I've worn my uniform, I don't receive as many questions, but at least I'm not asked if I'm a 1) special agent 2) US marshal or 3) bounty hunter. I'm still asked if I'm from any of the other alphabet agencies.

LEO 229

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
OCers are NOT in a uniform so people will immediately question why that person has a gun and call the police after or even before they start grabbing at their gun.
I wear a uniform, 10" tall boots included, outside of my place of abode.

Even when I didn't wear a uniform, people would automatically assume I'm from one of the alphabet agencies. I always answered people when asked questions informing them I'm a citizen. Since I've worn my uniform, I don't receive as many questions, but at least I'm not asked if I'm a 1) special agent 2) US marshal or 3) bounty hunter. I'm still asked if I'm from any of the other alphabet agencies.
For most people... uniform = reason

Can you send us all a photo? I would love to see it. :p

LEO 229

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Whenever I go camping, I never follow the "hands off unless you're drawing" rule.

Scared a squirrel is going to go after your nuts?

Keep them in the can and close the lid. :lol:

jadedone4

imported post

... ummm; hmmm, hope that wasn't a "dig" at us SIG owners :dude:

willing to bet that guy had "hairy-palms" too....:celebrate

LEO 229

imported post

jadedone4 wrote:
... ummm; hmmm, hope that wasn't a "dig" at us SIG owners :dude:

willing to bet that guy had "hairy-palms" too....:celebrate

Well... He never follows the hands off rule when camping so it sounds like he keeps a firm grip on it as he walks in the woods.

Anyone want to go "Fishing"?

"Squeal like a pig, boy!"

david.ross

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
For most people... uniform = reason

Can you send us all a photo? I would love to see it. :p
I'd show the other picture in this sitting where my boots are viewable, but I'm wearing the strap on my Tru-spec H2O boonie the incorrect way. Also, the glasses I used were all I had in my car since I left my mirrored sunglasses at home.

These are the boots I wear, bloused.
http://www.corcoranandmatterhorn.com/ItemDisplay.asp?Style=1997

I generally wear a a tactical trunk monkey and jolly rogers k9 patch. I might buy some colors for my right arm. I thought about getting to flag patches, one reversed for the other arm, but figured two flags might look odd. The patches in the picture are the Fun Sponge and Sheepdog which are from MSM.

3667416646_cbdd66a8ef.jpg

david.ross

imported post

I'm a Network Administrator/Programmer with tactical training. All network admins are well trained, didn't you know that?</BOFH> :D

Bustelo5%

imported post

So you go around and SUDO CHOP ALL NEWBS and YEll Sudo make me a sandwhich lol Just joking.
So what is the point of the uniform?? I guess I just dont get it,you look like a Black Water Merk lol.Just for fun going hiking while sudo kill newb in new linux FOREST ENVIROMENT lol?

david.ross

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
So you go around and SUDO CHOP ALL NEWBS and YEll Sudo make me a sandwhich lol Just joking.
So what is the point of the uniform?? I guess I just dont get it,you look like a Black Water Merk lol.Just for fun going hiking while sudo kill newb in new linux FOREST ENVIROMENT lol?
You know, there are more security contractors than Black Water.

The uniform and boots are comfortable for me to wear. There also isn't anything better than arriving home and kicking off the boots. Propper clothes do last a fair deal longer than what you buy in retail outlets. These clothes are called Tac.Us which are a poly and cotton mix.

Pan handlers and other shady characters tend to stay away from me when I'm in uniform, so there is a plus to wearing a uniform.

The picture I pasted earlier is what I always wear, even when on trips. I wore my uniform at Anthrocon without any issues. Many of the other furries thought, "Damn, you know he is packing heat." I mostly stayed around the gun furries which also include the security contractor and military types.

I did have an issue flying pack from Pittsburgh to Alaska... I was thoroughly checked at the TSA checkpoint... They said I'm not TSA friendly and was shocked I wasn't thoroughly checked coming from Alaska. *sigh*

Bustelo5%

imported post

I gotta go buy some more BDU pants for my Security job I work at a compost facility and that place reaks. When desert storm ended they sold off all the excess uniforms at the Px those things were cheap like 2 bucks a piece.
Humm that sounds pretty cool I think I might get a pair of what you got for when I go camping/shooting.
I have never checked my weapon into TSA,shit to bad my pops isnt around hell I bet in some ASUs they are at least more respectful. PS be ready for Hawaii if you fly through there,TSA oahu sucks.

LEO 229

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
Bustelo5% wrote:
You know, there are more security contractors than Black Water.

The uniform and boots are comfortable for me to wear. There also isn't anything better than arriving home and kicking off the boots. Propper clothes do last a fair deal longer than what you buy in retail outlets. These clothes are called Tac.Us which are a poly and cotton mix.

Pan handlers and other shady characters tend to stay away from me when I'm in uniform, so there is a plus to wearing a uniform.

The picture I pasted earlier is what I always wear, even when on trips. I wore my uniform at Anthrocon without any issues. Many of the other furries thought, "Damn, you know he is packing heat." I mostly stayed around the gun furries which also include the security contractor and military types.

I did have an issue flying pack from Pittsburgh to Alaska... I was thoroughly checked at the TSA checkpoint... They said I'm not TSA friendly and was shocked I wasn't thoroughly checked coming from Alaska. *sigh*
So what you are saying is... this is your normally day-to-day dress. You are not working security but wear the uniform out of comfort and because it keeps undesirable people at bay.

david.ross

imported post

Correct, even though there are more reasons than just those specific two.

Oh btw. I steal all the free coffee meant for you guys. (jesting) The gas station attendants know I'm not in law enforcement and give me free coffee if I open carry.