• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

? New York Hunting Law

rob99vmi04

imported post

I'm thinking about getting a Rem AR R15 to hunt Predators with in Upstate at my inlaws house. Is this okay as long as I use and only have in my possession 5 shot mags.

ronmanci

A 5 round mag is fine, but make sure it does not have a collapsable stock. That is also illegal in NYS.

emsjeep

A 5 round mag is fine, but make sure it does not have a collapsable stock. That is also illegal in NYS.

That, in addition to several other things.

Your rifle needs to be AWB compliant to bring to NY, and whether hunting or not, you cannot bring in post ban 11+ magazines.