• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Once obama gets his Health care plan, Guns are NEXT

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
Flintlock wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
I'm starting not to care about guns. It seems like gun owners support the most pernicious erosions of our freedom and the greatest imposition of authority.

Wow,Mr. Jefferson....what are you smoking ?
Just calling 'em like I see 'em. Gun owners have turned out to be pretty weak advocates of limited government. Rather, gun owners seem to be the most ardent advocates of the police state.

Where are your examples to back up such a blanket statement? Are you basing this on the interpretation of a few internet posters to draw conclusions for the rest of the 80 million gun owners?

And where in Western Europe is there a place that doesn't practice the police state to the samelevel or worse than the United States? I ask because you have mentioned your interest in moving there because you can't wait to leave here.
Find me the Danish analogue to this:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/31765.html

This is your one tragic example that paints all American gun owners into the samemorbid catagory?

Why are you even bothering posting on a forum such as this?
:what:

Flintlock

imported post

Glock34 wrote:

What is the point of your post? To paint millions of people into a catagory because of the illegal and morbid activities of the few is the same logic used by antis to push for bans, registrations, etc. For every one of thesehe posts, I can post success stories that paint gun owners in a brighter light.

What about that do you not understand?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

What is the point of your post? To paint millions of people into a catagory because of the illegal and morbid activities of the few is the same logic used by antis to push for bans, registrations, etc. For every one of thesehe posts, I can post success stories that paint gun owners in a brighter light.

What about that do you not understand?

What are you talking about ??!! Illegal / Morbid activities ?? Enlighten me please.

How did I paint Millions of gun owners in a negative light ?

Some of us have decided to live life with our eyes WIDE open to what THEY are planning. If some of you out there prefer to live in a perpetual coma state thats your business.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
By contrast, the noisy urban liberals are far more hostile to police and advocate a much more benign and restrained government.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh this guy is getting good. Finally coming to the realization that the majority of the 2A movement is made upof fascist neo-cons.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:
Guns are slated for April, 2013.

(For you a bit slow on the uptake, that is just after the 2012 elections.)

Obama may have ignorant and/or tyrannical views, but the man is not stupid. He is very intelligent, and surrounded by other intelligent people, as well.

They have not forgotten what happened after the AWB.
This.

Deanimator

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
By contrast, the noisy urban liberals are far more hostile to police and advocate a much more benign and restrained government.

Oh this guy is getting good. Finally coming to the realization that the majority of the 2A movement is made upof fascist neo-cons.
Is that like how 100% of the membership of AHSA is made up of pathologically lying anti-gunners in the tank for Obama?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Phoenixphire wrote:

Obama may have ignorant and/or tyrannical views, but the man is not stupid. He is very intelligent, and surrounded by other intelligent people, as well.

This.
Take a few minutes and go to the official website of Obama >> whitehouse.gov , then read Obama's agenda on Guns. They are just waiting , for the 2010 elections, because they think they will be able to firm up their hold on the Senate & House...

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

Is that like how 100% of the membership of AHSA is made up of pathologically lying anti-gunners in the tank for Obama?

no

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Phoenixphire wrote:

This.
Take a few minutes and go to the official website of Obama >> whitehouse.gov , then read Obama's agenda on Guns. They are just waiting , for the 2010 elections, because they think they will be able to firm up their hold on the Senate & House...

What's your point?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Phoenixphire wrote:

This.

What's your point?
wow, a bit thick today ? My point...they don't care about what happened after the last AWB......the next one is coming, Just like Higher Taxes & Socialized Health care....don't believe it, I don't care, sheep just take it...

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Phoenixphire wrote:

This.

What's your point?
wow, a bit thick today ? My point...they don't care about what happened after the last AWB......the next one is coming, Just like Higher Taxes & Socialized Health care....don't believe it, I don't care, sheep just take it...

Did you missed the bolded stuff? You just repeated what he said like it was your own idea. They'll wait because they don't want to get slaughtered at the next election (like after the first AWB). Get it?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Phoenixphire wrote:

This.

What's your point?

Did you missed the bolded stuff? You just repeated what he said like it was your own idea. They'll wait because they don't want to get slaughtered at the next election (like after the first AWB). Get it?
Yes, I got that Months ago.....What I don't get is how some people here, think that a new AWB won't happen because of what happened after the first AWB was installed. It's already written & in the works. But, I also don't think that Obama will make it to see another term after he Loooses royaly during the next presidential elections.I hope I am correct and he does not get another term or say hello to the Next permanent AWB& say Goodbye to your legal ownership of Semi Auto Guns.

Deanimator

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

no
Try again. This time tell the truth.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

no
Try again. This time tell the truth.

no

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Yes, I got that Months ago.....What I don't get is how some people here, think that a new AWB won't happen because of what happened after the first AWB was installed. It's already written & in the works. But, I also don't think that Obama will make it to see another term after he Loooses royaly during the next presidential elections.I hope I am correct and he does not get another term or say hello to the Next permanent AWB& say Goodbye to your legal ownership of Semi Auto Guns.
And you'd rather see who win? Does anything other than the AWB matter to you, or is that the only issue in the world?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

...who think freedom is a smorgasbord. The sad fact is that so many gun owners are authority-loving, belligerent, intolerant, unsophisticated, homophobic, racists. When I see a loud, raised pickup, emblazoned with flags and insulting taunts and slogans, driven by a large moustached man of coarse manners, am I seeing a person who is likely to defend a homosexual or a Muslim being abused, or am I seeing someone who would join in?

Seriously, does one expect to find freedom advocates among that crowd that recites such statist slogans as "click it or ticket," "zero tolerance," "war on terror," "freedom isn't free," ad nauseam?

If guns are legitimately under attack, we might be forced to see gun owners defend the ACLU's causes, in exchange for the ACLU respecting ours. Freedom is not obtained piecemeal.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Calling anyone "AHSA" who challenges the rampant hate evidenced by many gun owners is akin to urban sophisticates calling gun owners "KKK."

Most gun owners are more AHSA than they dare admit.

drkarrow

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

...who think freedom is a smorgasbord. The sad fact is that so many gun owners are authority-loving, belligerent, intolerant, unsophisticated, homophobic, racists. When I see a loud, raised pickup, emblazoned with flags and insulting taunts and slogans, driven by a large moustached man of coarse manners, am I seeing a person who is likely to defend a homosexual or a Muslim being abused, or am I seeing someone who would join in?

Seriously, does one expect to find freedom advocates among that crowd that recites such statist slogans as "click it or ticket," "zero tolerance," "war on terror," "freedom isn't free," ad nauseam?

If guns are legitimately under attack, we might be forced to see gun owners defend the ACLU's causes, in exchange for the ACLU respecting ours. Freedom is not obtained piecemeal.
All very true, but is there anything we can do?

It's easy to sit around and blame this group or that. Categorizing and insulting mass groups of individuals does not help our cause in any way. We need a way to educate and teach them rather than publicly insult them in forums.