• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Once obama gets his Health care plan, Guns are NEXT

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Guns in General, Once his health care billis signed into law& after the 2010 elections , the Assault weapons ban will be next. Read the text of the Assault weapons reauthorization act of 2008 , anything semi auto will be on his hit list, ANYTHING SEMI AUTO, Hand guns, Rifles, Shot guns...All Gone. 7 the the Assault weapons reauthorization act of 2008 will be retroactive, to the date of the last Ban that ended a few years ago. So all those semi auto guns that were purchased since will be Illegal.

Go ahead,don't believe any of this. But go read the text of the bill

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Hyperactive imagination feeding paranoia.
I am sure,that was everyone was saying the day before Clinton signed the First Assault weapons ban into law. The next one will have NO sunset clause & will cover everything the first one didn't. they won't make the same mistake twice.

Statesman

imported post

One can speculate, that when we get government run healthcare ( a public insurance option will destroy private insurance, due to price controls, and no need to make a profit ), the government will have a mandate to regulate every aspect of our lives that could conceivably affect our health, which is virtually everything.

Yes, they can and already do regulate everything to death through abuse of the Commerce Clause now, however now they will have a reason, and a mandate to do so. Therefore, in order to "control costs", "increase efficiency", and "reduce the burden to the taxpayer", we'll need to register or ban guns in order to reduce the health care costs associated with related injuries, or deaths, which actually remove a taxpayer from the population. They'll quote gun related death statistics for children here. After all, these costs will hurt the collective!!! This is always the premise with collectivists, protect the collective, screw the individual.

OR ....

The argument against guns being next, is that Obama and the Liberals in Washington (with the assistance of Acorn), are overwhelming the system right now. It would actually make more sense to try to ram through registration, or gun bans right now, while everyone is distracted with other crisis, such as healthcare, border issues, economic, etc (insert your crisis here).

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Guns in General, Once his health care billis signed into law& after the 2010 elections , the Assault weapons ban will be next. Read the text of the Assault weapons reauthorization act of 2008 , anything semi auto will be on his hit list, ANYTHING SEMI AUTO, Hand guns, Rifles, Shot guns...All Gone. 7 the the Assault weapons reauthorization act of 2008 will be retroactive, to the date of the last Ban that ended a few years ago. So all those semi auto guns that were purchased since will be Illegal.

Go ahead,don't believe any of this. But go read the text of the bill

Really? Really? Seriously? When is this going to die? Didn't you people inflate ammo and gun prices enough already? Let the paranoia die.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
I am a little worried.
I'm starting not to care about guns. It seems like gun owners support the most pernicious erosions of our freedom and the greatest imposition of authority.

By contrast, the noisy urban liberals are far more hostile to police and advocate a much more benign and restrained government.

Given that my greatest fear is a cop, not a crook, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make America a less vicious nation. It would be interesting to see how Dixie males would improve themselves if they all had to drive the Toyota Yaris and didn't have guns.

If Obama could institute a "Jazz for Country" program, we might be able to put a nice polish on the American citizenry.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
I am a little worried.
I'm starting not to care about guns. It seems like gun owners support the most pernicious erosions of our freedom and the greatest imposition of authority.

By contrast, the noisy urban liberals are far more hostile to police and advocate a much more benign and restrained government.

Given that my greatest fear is a cop, not a crook, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make America a less vicious nation. It would be interesting to see how Dixie males would improve themselves if they all had to drive the Toyota Yaris and didn't have guns.

If Obama could institute a "Jazz for Country" program, we might be able to put a nice polish on the American citizenry.

Wow,Mr. Jefferson....what are you smoking ?

Carnivore

imported post

In the world of magic it is called “slight of hand”–
exaggerated pieces of bullshit to ‘conceal’ the
TRICK!

Of course Stylez wouldn't recognize anything coming, he's still wearing his specs with one red and one blue lens.. Obama is like a bad divorce Attorney, he's trying to Overwhelm the American Voter with so much slight of the tongue, that he's hoping that by the time a sentenance if finished, we will have forgotten what the first two words were he started the sentenance with, or hell maybe the original topic..

Go ahead and admit it Stylez, you're still wondering just how many quarters this shmuck can pull from behind your ear, who cares how it's done, mommy will explain the trick to you another day!!

Deanimator

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
I am a little worried.

EXCEPT when it comes to guns. They'll support pretty much the most extreme measures, even illegal measures if guns are involved. Look at what Chicago residents regularly tolerate from the Chicago PD in the name of gun control. The burglary/home invasion ring operating INSIDE the Chicago Police Department was part of the unit which was one of the major enforcers of Chicago's gun ban.

Far too many liberals react to lawful gun ownership the way that extreme religious fundamentalists like the Westboro Baptist Church react to homosexuality. Gun control laws are the modern day version of anti-sodomy laws.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
I am a little worried.

EXCEPT when it comes to guns. They'll support pretty much the most extreme measures, even illegal measures if guns are involved. Look at what Chicago residents regularly tolerate from the Chicago PD in the name of gun control. The burglary/home invasion ring operating INSIDE the Chicago Police Department was part of the unit which was one of the major enforcers of Chicago's gun ban.

Far too many liberals react to lawful gun ownership the way that extreme religious fundamentalists like the Westboro Baptist Church react to homosexuality. Gun control laws are the modern day version of anti-sodomy laws.
Very interesting take, Dean.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:

Just calling 'em like I see 'em. Gun owners have turned out to be pretty weak advocates of limited government. Rather, gun owners seem to be the most ardent advocates of the police state.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

Just calling 'em like I see 'em. Gun owners have turned out to be pretty weak advocates of limited government. Rather, gun owners seem to be the most ardent advocates of the police state.
I tend to agree, seeing asthe majority of ARFCOM guys are pro Big Government& the current police state as most of those guys on that site are Cops or freinds of cops. But lost of us, are NOT pro Big gobernment& are against the overwhelming amount of power the Police weild.

Flintlock

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

Where are your examples to back up such a blanket statement? Are you basing this on the interpretation of a few internet posters to draw conclusions for the rest of the 80 million gun owners?

And where in Western Europe is there a place that doesn't practice the police state to the samelevel or worse than the United States? I ask because you have mentioned your interest in moving there because you can't wait to leave here.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

Where are your examples to back up such a blanket statement? Are you basing this on the interpretation of a few internet posters to draw conclusions for the rest of the 80 million gun owners?

And where in Western Europe is there a place that doesn't practice the police state to the samelevel or worse than the United States? I ask because you have mentioned your interest in moving there because you can't wait to leave here.
Find me the Danish analogue to this:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/31765.html

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Guns are slated for April, 2013.

(For you a bit slow on the uptake, that is just after the 2012 elections.)

Obama may have ignorant and/or tyrannical views, but the man is not stupid. He is very intelligent, and surrounded by other intelligent people, as well.

They have not forgotten what happened after the AWB.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If anyone seriously thinks Obama or antoher Democrat is going to win another Presidential election for at leastthe next20 years, needs to take a does of reality. Obama is GONE in 2012, replced by a Independant republican, I hope.

Flintlock

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Flintlock wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

Find me the Danish analogue to this:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/31765.html

This is your one tragic example that paints all American gun owners into the samemorbid catagory?

Why are you even bothering posting on a forum such as this?