• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New shooters from the Safeway

DEROS72

imported post

Afterall this time from seeing me OCaround the Safeway and the Starbucks I had some of the Safeway employees ask me to take them to the range and teach them to shoot.

Bookman and I are taking a couple of the Safeway staff per their request down to Champion Arms on friday to introduce them to the shooting world.All this time of being patient and answering questions is paying off .They have never been to a range or fired a handgun before but now want to learn.One young gal who is real skeptical said she should at least try it once.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Do you need a loaner for the day? I got a Taurus Millinium Pro 9mm that you can use. Its a great little gun for women, compact, easy to pull the slide. Let me know. I also have the HiPoint C9 as well, ugly but functional.

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks Guys ! I just bought a new Bersa thunder .380.I was going to use that.I sold my Bersa a couple of months ago but just had to go buy another one.Same model.Picked it up minutes ago.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Thanks Guys ! I just bought a new Bersa thunder .380.I was going to use that.I sold my Bersa a couple of months ago but just had to go buy another one.Same model.Picked it up minutes ago.
All you got to do is ask and they are available....

shad0wfax

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Afterall this time from seeing me OCaround the Safeway and the Starbucks I had some of the Safeway employees ask me to take them to the range and teach them to shoot.

Bookman and I are taking a couple of the Safeway staff per their request down to Champion Arms on friday to introduce them to the shooting world.All this time of being patient and answering questions is paying off .They have never been to a range or fired a handgun before but now want to learn.One young gal who is real skeptical said she should at least try it once.
BZ!!!

I got the book manager at my local Hastings Book&Music store shooting recently in much the same way but I had a slightly unfair advantage since I'm part of a reader's group.

Great work getting more people interested in our sport, rights and our way of life. :)

DEROS72

imported post

This morning at the Starbucks there chatted with a Desmoines officer for about 10 minutes.AT no time did he bring up my sidearm.They are pretty good guys around here. I didn't even ask if he had RAS or why he was talking to me like i have seen some do.I think there was one person in line behind us that seemed surprised I wasn't being hauled away.

Manu

imported post

Good job DEROS and BOOKMAN, and Nice to see you guys online, Lately work is consuming lot of my time, Looking forward to see you guys in person son, btw I met Gene Beasly other day he was OCing his I guess Glock, Such a nice person. OC in desmoines, seatac area is picking up really good...

DEROS72

imported post

hey MANU I thought for a minute you fell off the planet.Good to see you back.We have things pretty well in hand here.As you guys know I OC at all times for about a year now and folks are used to it. To show you how much they trust now the manager at that store even gave me info that I guarantee no customers know and thatis because they knowI will always do the best I can to keep them safe if need be.

It is a lot how you present yourself.AsI go about things most don't even notice.

Some guys want to dress all Rambo and tactical with oversize guns and drop holstersetc and these folks are doing the second ammendment no good , as they alwaystry to get folks to notice them .I'll call the cops myself on one these guys because they have theoversize egos , usually making sure their strong side is visible totally out of shape andthinking they are such bad a##s.This will jepordize our cause and folks will get a negative perception..How many of you all can go into a Major grocery store armed,and have them give you, for you cause hundreds of dollars of supplies.Who has walked into a cop uniform store ,armed while there were cops there and have them give you a new pair of expensive pants for a give away.Getting local business and community participation.

Why haven't most served in the Military.(I know you guys who have so I am not refering to you)They will recite RCW"s with little intilects,engaging their own I can do what I want attitude, I should be my own country.Sometimes one needs to work with the team or we will loose everything.WE are wining a little here thanks to Manu ,Bookman j213 .and some others and getting new shooters involved.Doing functions for the community,not just march around a park saying look at me I have a gun what are you gonna do? I can see that, if the park isn't complying with state pre-emtion but after that whats the point.These gatherings are great but make sure we are getting the bang for the buck and we do that by just going about our lives.

Believe me however,there is a time coming we are going to have to band together ALL of us across the country to take back America..WE will see then who is all mouthor fold because they don't want to get hurt or loose a job.Our Constitution is being rapidly and systematically destroyed..

The reason I say this is that it frustrates me when some say appearence and demeanor are irrellevent. Whether you like it or not when you present yourself well whether wearing jeans or a suit it makes a huge difference in perception and will advance our cause to a non issue.

download

[align=center]and your taxes and your personal choice![/align]

[align=center][/align]

Manu

imported post

Its true Deros there is no point of having gatherings and picnics if we do not include neighbours and local business involved, If we really want to bring some awareness then we should involve them too. More the locals and business get involved to this more gains will be. Just getting together will not solve the purpose, We need to involve local neighbourhoods. and I am sorry to say that most of our get together and meetings are lacking that part. We are not creating much of an impact.

jarhead1911A

imported post

So Jim you and Bookman are going to teach others to shoot, Who is gunna teach you?

You have to use the training wheels before u hop on a bike without them..............

Manu

imported post

As far as I know Jim and Bookman are better shooters than most of Forum members, No offense to you jarhead, I can not say anything about you never saw you shooting.:p Moreover the point is to introduce other people to shooting and guns so that they will not think that guns are evils and they will feel comfy with or arround them. It not that they were trying to teach them to shoot they were just trying to introduce them to guns. I think all of us should be doing this irrespective of how we shoot.