• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

? about oc

ken P.

imported post

hey everyone im new as you can tell. i was told that if you had been convicted of a 12025 that you cant open carry ???

can anyone shed some light on this

thank you

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

ken P. wrote:
hey everyone im new as you can tell. i was told that if you had been convicted of a 12025 that you cant open carry ???

thank you

What the heck is a 12025? what state and or city are you in? And again, what the heckdoes 12025 refer to?

Would you happen to be in California? If you edit yur profile and add your location it makes it very helpful to the members that are familiar with unique state laws pertaining to firearms

BTW, Welcome to the forum:D

ken P.

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
ken P. wrote:

thank you

What the heck is a 12025? what state and or city are you in? And again, what the heckdoes 12025 refer to?

Would you happen to be in California? If you edit yur profile and add your location it makes it very helpful to the members that are familiar with unique state laws pertaining to firearms

BTW, Welcome to the forum:D
we are in california :banghead: here what the 12025 is
12025. (a) A person guilty of carrying a concealed firearm

thanks i will get all the other stuff filled out :celebrate i like the website and what everyone is doing here

Xader

imported post

I am not a lawyer, nor am I intimately familiar with CA law.

That said, is the 12025 a felony? Felons cannot own, much less carry a firearm.

If it is a misdemeanor charge, to my knowledge, many states do not allow those convicted of firearm-related crimes to carry. Also, I was under the impression that CA did not allow OC in incorporated areas, which I'm sure Santa Rosa is.

Again, this is NOT legal advice. Check local laws and please...do not carry until you know the laws.

ken P.

imported post

its ok lol. i myself have a ccw. i was askin for a buddy i wasnt sure thats why i was askin. he did tell me it was not a felony . but in mendo county they feel people should be able to protect them selfs. i like what you guys are doing here. glad to have found you guys

Xader

imported post

Xader wrote:
I was under the impression that CA did not allow OC in incorporated areas, which I'm sure Santa Rosa is.
Id like to correct myself. Im pretty sure it's LOADED OC that is illegal in incorporated ares of CA.