• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where did WASH, RINSE, REPEAT go?

ghostrider

imported post

If you ever have a problem locating it, you can always click on my user name to go to my user panel. Once there, just click on my "topics", and you should be able to find it there. I don't think I've started many threads, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find it in there.

autosurgeon

imported post

I kicked it back to the top and asked that it be re-stickied. I can understand some of the others that were done being used such as the RTM thread those needed to go. But this thread is important and we send too many people to read it and as such it needs to be easy to find!

ghostrider

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Update ... back where it belongs

To everyone who made this happen (not just those on this thread), I'd like to say thanks. I too believe the information in that thread is important, but felt that it would have been out of place for me (as the original poster) to become involved in it's promotion. The reason for this is because I felt it may have come off as self-aggrandizing, and I don't care for that image. Therefore, when I first noticed this thread (first notice I had that it was no longer stickied), I decided to "lay back", and let the thread stand or fall on it's own merits.

My thanks isn't for the promotion, or because I think this has anything to do with me, but instead because I also believe it's that important, yet didn't feel it appropriate for me as the OP to lodge a complaint. I glad you agree to it's importance.

Thanks again for all who made this happen, and the admin for following up.

autosurgeon

imported post

Hey you did a good job on it and it's important! I send people to it all the time and I don't want them having to wade through pages and pages to find it! NOTE built in search never did pull it up I actually had to google search the site to find it!

ghostrider

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Hey you did a good job on it and it's important! I send people to it all the time and I don't want them having to wade through pages and pages to find it! NOTE built in search never did pull it up I actually had to google search the site to find it!
Thanks for the comps. It's nice to hear that it's benefiting people.

Just remember if it ever happens again, you can just click on my name and look up my topics posted.

autosurgeon

imported post

Mike told me something about how the stickies are bogging down the server... and that he wished each state only had one... I really don't understand how that can be... but then I don't use this exact forum software.

T Vance

imported post

Glad to see the topic where it belongs. Lots of useful information in it. Thanks for creating it, and thanks to those for getting it stickied again!

KittyBomb

imported post

ghostrider wrote:
To everyone who made this happen (not just those on this thread), I'd like to say thanks. I too believe the information in that thread is important, but felt that it would have been out of place for me (as the original poster) to become involved in it's promotion. The reason for this is because I felt it may have come off as self-aggrandizing, and I don't care for that image. Therefore, when I first noticed this thread (first notice I had that it was no longer stickied), I decided to "lay back", and let the thread stand or fall on it's own merits.

My thanks isn't for the promotion, or because I think this has anything to do with me, but instead because I also believe it's that important, yet didn't feel it appropriate for me as the OP to lodge a complaint. I glad you agree to it's importance.

The original Wash, Rinse, Repeat thread was the first one I read when I joined. I am glad I did, it had a lot of information that I had no idea of. I only found out that OC was legal in Michigan last week after reading an article about an OC picnic and found this site.

Thank you for all the work you put into that and keeping everyone informed on the legalities and technicalities of OC'ing in our fine state.

There are new members to this site all the time and as newbies we don't know all the details of OC'ing legally here. It is great to have the combined knowledge of more experienced people before we venture out planning to OC.

ghostrider

imported post

KittyBomb wrote:
ghostrider wrote:

The original Wash, Rinse, Repeat thread was the first one I read when I joined. I am glad I did, it had a lot of information that I had no idea of. I only found out that OC was legal in Michigan last week after reading an article about an OC picnic and found this site.

Thank you for all the work you put into that and keeping everyone informed on the legalities and technicalities of OC'ing in our fine state.

There are new members to this site all the time and as newbies we don't know all the details of OC'ing legally here. It is great to have the combined knowledge of more experienced people before we venture out planning to OC.

Thanks. Glad it helped.