• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC by Someone Licensed Out-of-State

Neo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'll be travelling to the fair state of TN from AL in the near future and have just become aware and very enthusiastic about the whole OC thing. I have a permit from AL, but it is strictly for concealed carry here. By law, OC is legal in AL, but apparently not well-tolerated by LEOs. AL does recognize TN permits, although there is no formal reciprocity agreement. Will I be able to OC in TN?

Many thanks!

Fallguy

imported post

Yes.

TN recognizes all permits and you are bound by TN law, not the law of the state the permit is from.

So you can OC in TN as long as you havea permit.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tn statutes have no reguirements pertaining to holsters that I know of. "WE" would advise that you have some sort of restraining system to keep it from falling out of the holster (while hanging upside down on the monkey bars)or being easily snatched, just as a safety precaution.

Ss

imported post

Of course!

I am from MO (wheres its up to the city/coutny where you can OC) and carry in KY and TN on my MO CCW.

I have sat right across beside local LEO's and State police in TN and they didn't even blink an eye.

The only comment I got was from a customer saying that is a big gun.

I have never carried in any of the big cities though. Just between Paris and cant remember the other town. Its past Campbell on the border of KY. LOL

Neo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks to all.

I recently purchased my second Mitch Rosen holster, a Premier Full Detail, and the retention due to the full boning of the leather is quite impressive.

611846787_PPLbC-O.jpg

(Photo from Mitch Rosen Extraordinary Gunleather) The handgun literally snaps in place. No formal retention device does mean I will need to pay a little more attention to my neighbors and be ready to counter a disarm attempt. However, this is a concealment holster and, as such,it rides very close to the body.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ss wrote:
Of course!

I am from MO (wheres its up to the city/coutny where you can OC) and carry in KY and TN on my MO CCW.

I have sat right across beside local LEO's and State police in TN and they didn't even blink an eye.

The only comment I got was from a customer saying that is a big gun.

I have never carried in any of the big cities though. Just between Paris and cant remember the other town. Its past Campbell on the border of KY. LOL
Clarksville?

DJBiker

imported post

My Guess would be DOVER, it is between Paris and Clarksville, and Fort Campbell is in Clarksville and Oak Grove KY. I am about 15 miles from Dover and ride my Harley around here all the time.

Ss

imported post

yep

Thats it!

Thanks

I do remember that place. Damn high taxes. Went to Wal mart. I think it was 10 percent or so. Also at a place called Burritos or some such. Had good burritos.

Heading back in October. Going to hit Mammoth cave. Go fishing with my brother and find something else to do.

Neo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just got back from our trip to TN earlier tonight. (We went whitewater rafting on the Ocoee.) We stopped once on the way up at a McDonald's and once on the way back at a Cracker Barrel. No problems with open carry. The folks at McD's were actually more laid back than a few of the customers at CB. I got a couple of repeat starers there. However, I saw an older gentleman and his wife entering CB just before my family and it looked like he had a Glock 30. Never saw him once in the restaurant, though. Thanks, again, to those of you who offered advice.