• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Hampshire Non Resident Permits

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

I saw that today on another site. I got my NH permit a few months ago.

Looks the Utah non-resident is still a good deal!

I'll be traveling throughout Augustteaching our Utah permit class in Maryland and Rhode Island. I've seen some real interest come from those states. While I think that an $80 jump is ridiculous, it may mean more folks getting a Utah permit. Utah seems to be cheaper in the long run.

Riana

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I saw that today on another site. I got my NH permit a few months ago.

Looks the Utah non-resident is still a good deal!

I'll be traveling throughout Augustteaching our Utah permit class in Maryland and Rhode Island. I've seen some real interest come from those states. While I think that an $80 jump is ridiculous, it may mean more folks getting a Utah permit. Utah seems to be cheaper in the long run.
I considered getting my NH non-resident, as we spend a fair bit of time up there each year, but decided not to. Now I'll just have to wait until I move there, and get my resident permit. :dude:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Riana wrote:
I considered getting my NH non-resident, as we spend a fair bit of time up there each year, but decided not to. Now I'll just have to wait until I move there, and get my resident permit. :dude:
That $80 jump is a big shock. I didn't know anything about it. Luckily you'll be able to get your resident permit when you move there.

nova

imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
I received my $20 license in the mail only a week before the hike was announced.

Wishfully thinking, the national reciprocity will take effect before it expires or my need for an NH license will otherwise cease.

See also:
NH non-resident license fee to increase 500%
OT: Pistol/Revolver License Application Backlog
I got my NH permit in Jan, and I agree with you there...I'm hoping by the time next year I get my VA resident permit, I won't need a NH permit.

As it stands, I see no reason to renew my NH permit for $100 in four years, I only got it now since I don't have a VA permit yet to use in PA.

nova

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
nova wrote:
As it stands, I see no reason to renew my NH permit for $100 in four years, I only got it now since I don't have a VA permit yet to use in PA.
Pa non resident is still cheap and easy to get, $26.
Yep it looks like after I get my VA permit, having a PA non-res instead of the NH, I only lose Alabama (and NH of course). Centre Co. is supposed to be good with non-res permits from what I've heard.

nova

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
That sucks. See what happens when you let too many libs from a neighboring state move in and take over?
yeah...we get our new VA driver's licenses...:banghead:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
That sucks. See what happens when you let too many libs from a neighboring state move in and take over?
Don't get me started:X