• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Explaining why I OC to my 15yr old son

tat2ed_guy

imported post

My son comes home the other day and says that these two guys robbed his friend while they were waiting for some pizza. Later I get a call from an Arlington LEO and he wants to talk to my son and see what all he witnessed. The two guys didnt doany physical harm they just tookeverything he had and tried to get in my sons pockets but he just walked in the store thinking that these guys were just joking with him. When he exited the store they threatened his life if they seen him on the phone and took off. A lady also witnessed what happened and she was the one to call the cops.

While my son was filling out the statement I took the opportunity to talk with the officer about how him and the PD feel about OC here. He stated that the only real concern that they ever have is when its a long gun that is being carried. He didnt say one way or another if he supported it or not but he was aware about the legality of it and didnt say anything that would make me think that he didnt like it much. I had made a few comments to my son about "that is why I carry a gun". I think that it finally sunk it some. I said something about me missing all the fun stuff that happens and what I would have done if I would have been there. And the LEO agreed with what I was saying completely.

They did catch the two guys, one is underage and this is his 3rd robbery charge and the other is now 18 just got released from juvie. prison last Tuesday and this is his 4th robbery charge and his first as an adult. The LEO says that my son will probably be called as a witness in court. He showed me pics of the two guys. Both dressed in all blue and claiming to be crips out of Everett.

tat2ed_guy

imported post

I just wish that he had a little bit more street smarts so that he knew what he was actually looking at. I cant believe that he thought these guys were joking around with him. I would take an a$$ whoopin to keep what is mine.

tat2ed_guy

imported post

Im glad they did to but I have doubts about our system and what they will do with these turds. 3rd charge for one and 4th for the other? What the hell is wrong with our system? I guess my sons friend was told that the older of the two guys is looking at 4 1/2 to 5 years....What a waste of money. What happened to 3 strikes your out? Either way, nothing I can do but be thankful that the kids are ok. I really would like to put a beating on both these guys. Minor or not. I would be willing to pay that price to make sure these two didnt do this again.

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

Goes to show that the system does not help that much. He was just released and is headed right back. That's what I call success!
No really that's messed up.
What happens when he gets out in those 5 years? decides to get a job.. but he cant because he just spent all his time in prison for robbery and nobody will ever hire him. What will happen then? oh I think I know... Another 5 years... Maybe he will learn his lesson then. Or maybe somebody will get killed during his next robbery. Maybe he might rob me. Then some one will be getting killed/shot :)

FunkTrooper

imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
I just wish that he had a little bit more street smarts so that he knew what he was actually looking at. I cant believe that he thought these guys were joking around with him. I would take an a$$ whoopin to keep what is mine.
I sure wouldn't, I'd rather give than receive. So it was three to two? Were the bad guys armed?

At fifteen I was looking for trouble I wonder what would have happened if trouble had found me, sounds like you have a good kid perhaps still naive (which is fine for his age) but nonetheless a good kid.

Glad everyone is okay, stay armed for when there crip buddy's try to invade your home for revenge (and die in the process).

amlevin

imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
What happened to 3 strikes your out?

In Washington State one has to be CONVICTED of a Class A Felony considered a "Most Serious Offense" which is defined in:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.94A.030

In the above described incident these individuals have been gaming the Juvie system. None of them have anything that would qualify them for the Three Strikes Law.

Even if they had, the key to the law is Convictions of a Class A Felony defined as a Most Serious Offense. Most Defense Attorneys will work their butts off to get a lesser charge to avoid this. What we need is some more hard-assed Prosecutors that charge according to the crime comitted and go for the max. Yeah, it will take three times to get some of these S---Bags off the street for good but it's better than what's passing for justice today. Some glaring examples are the recent change in the legislature to provide hard time for your 5th conviction of Car Theft which used to be 7. First through four offenses are handled with diversion,short jail sentences, community service, etc.

We may look at the Saudi's as barbaric when they cut body parts off their crimal offenders but is our system working as good as theirs?

tat2ed_guy

imported post

There were only the two guys. There was two other girls with them but I guess the were trying to talk the guys out of what they were doing because the one just got released last week.

And no they werent armed, just alot bigger and scarier as my son put it. lol

Can a minor carry pepper spray or a taser? I would be afraid that he would play with the taser but I dont see a prob. with him having some spray.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Glocked and Loaded wrote:
Goes to show that the system does not help that much. He was just released and is headed right back. That's what I call success!
No really that's messed up.
What happens when he gets out in those 5 years? decides to get a job.. but he cant because he just spent all his time in prison for robbery and nobody will ever hire him. What will happen then? oh I think I know... Another 5 years... Maybe he will learn his lesson then. Or maybe somebody will get killed during his next robbery. Maybe he might rob me. Then some one will be getting killed/shot :)
there are several NJ job openings, and he is well qualified.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Lets hope he has a cute backside now that he is an adult. :shock:

Why is it they never shut down the parole system till they fix the problem?

Hope the kids don't get ripped up at the trail. Have him write everything out
and put away for the long wait of the trail.

Any takers they will not even charge them for the death threats?

tat2ed_guy

imported post

I asked about the death threats and the LEO said that it needed to be put in the statements that the kids gave just in case.

I doubt that anything will come ofthem tho. That is as long as none of thier friends decide to come pay a visit to my house or person. The threat is there, they have showed intent, all they need is the opportunity and someone is going to have a bad day....;)

5918mike

imported post

If you don't mind me asking where in Arlington did this take place?

badger54

imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
There were only the two guys. There was two other girls with them but I guess the were trying to talk the guys out of what they were doing because the one just got released last week.

Can a minor carry pepper spray or a taser? I would be afraid that he would play with the taser but I dont see a prob. with him having some spray.
You have to be 18 to possess pepper spray in Washington, I am not sure about the taser probably the same but some cities do ban tasers, Bellingham for example.

swatspyder

imported post

badger54 wrote:
tat2ed_guy wrote:

You have to be 18 to possess pepper spray in Washington, I am not sure about the taser probably the same but some cities do ban tasers, Bellingham for example.
False... Hold on, i'll find the RCW

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.91.160

RCW 9.91.160Personal protection spray devices.
(1) It is unlawful for a person under eighteen years old, unless the person is at least fourteen years old and has the permission of a parent or guardian to do so, to purchase or possess a personal protection spray device. A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

(2) No town, city, county, special purpose district, quasi-municipal corporation or other unit of government may prohibit a person eighteen years old or older, or a person fourteen years old or older who has the permission of a parent or guardian to do so, from purchasing or possessing a personal protection spray device or from using such a device in a manner consistent with the authorized use of force under RCW 9A.16.020. No town, city, county, special purpose district, quasi-municipal corporation, or other unit of government may prohibit a person eighteen years old or older from delivering a personal protection spray device to a person authorized to possess such a device.

(3) For purposes of this section:

(a) "Personal protection spray device" means a commercially available dispensing device designed and intended for use in self-defense and containing a nonlethal sternutator or lacrimator agent, including but not limited to:

(i) Tear gas, the active ingredient of which is either chloracetophenone (CN) or O-chlorobenzylidene malonotrile (CS); or

(ii) Other agent commonly known as mace, pepper mace, or pepper gas.

(b) "Delivering" means actual, constructive, or attempted transferring from one person to another.

(4) Nothing in this section authorizes the delivery, purchase, possession, or use of any device or chemical agent that is otherwise prohibited by state law.