• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why I fight so hard for the Second Ammendment

DEROS72

imported post

I find thisunbelievable, what a way to keep patriotic American from serving their country. Our President has absolutely no respect forthe members of the armed forces. And they are loosing respect for Obama.

Subject: FW: UNBELIEVABLE PRESIDENT
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:01:42 -0600

#yiv342680107 .ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P
{padding:0px;}
#yiv342680107 .ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage
{font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

• [align=center][/align]

SeSubject: FW: UNBELIEVABLE PRESIDENT?????]

UNBELIEVABLE PRESIDENT?

Here is President Obama’s response when he had to back off from his decision to let the military pay for their war injuries

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty. The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal.
"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued. "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

Please pass this on to every one including every vet and their families whom you know.

How in the world did a person with this mindset become our leader? If he thinks he will ever get another vote from an Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard service member or veteran of a military service he ought to think it over. If you or a family member is or has served their country please pass this to them. Please pass this to everyone. I'm guessing that other than the 20-25 percent hardcore liberals in the US will agree that this is just another example why this is the worst president in American history. Remind everyone over and over how this man thinks, while he bows to the Saudi Arabian king.

How long do we let this continue? Anyone believing in this government and this manis my enemy.........
In the words of Mr. Trump Your'e fired.!!!!!

DEROS72

imported post

He is not my president and anything he tries to pass in my mind is unenforcable and irrelevent. Apparently some low life illegal in his mind has more rights than we do as Americans and especially Veterans.

I have been somewhat supportive in the past of Presidents I didn't like but they were elected and even if I disagreed would still give him support as the American President. But he and his cronies are the most dangerous treasonous SOB's in the history of man and should be dealt with accordingly.

sirpuma

imported post

Check out Snopes when you get emails like this.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/veteranshealth.asp

Origins: This item is another entry difficult to classify as either "true" or "false." It's false in the literal sense that President Barack Obama did not utter the words attributed to him above; this piece is an excerpt from a form of satire that makes political or social points by putting outrageous words into the mouths of others. However, if the same sentiments had been cast in the third person (rather than as a faux quote from President Obama), they couldn't be dismissed as completely false. They're an expression of the outrage many people felt about a very real issue, a plan the Obama administration floated in March 2009to save an estimated $540 million per year by requiring veterans with private medical insurance to use that insurance to cover the costs of treatment for combat injuries and other service-related health problems. (With a few exceptions, veterans are currently responsible only for health care costs incurred for reasons unrelated to their military service.) Among other issues, the proposal raised the prospect that injured or ill veterans might find it more difficult to obtain employment in the private sector if employer-funded private insurance had to pay for their health care.

1245A Defender

imported post

is there a vidio of him saying those words? that would make it totally un#$%$%ing believable! i would love to see a no confidence vote against him! then a recall vote to remove him from office before he wrecks more ruin on our nation!

Squeak

imported post

This man has committed treason on two occassions that I know of. Treason warrants the death penalty. When is he going to be tried? Yeah, right! The man better get his facts straight. I DID NOT volunteer; I was drafted along with many other 'wounded in combat' vets. Get our own insurance? As I said before, yeah, right.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

he never said those words, research it before you post false accusations.

i didn't vote for him but if someone is going to say they said something they need to back it up with hard proof not some faux quote

Mad Pick

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
Agreed.

In general, whenever you get a forwarded political e-mail that just sounds too good to be true . . . it probably isn't true. Take a snippet from the e-mail, put in in quotes, and do a Google search; the chances are good that you'll get links to Snopes and other sites that either confirm or deny the story.

Both sides of the political spectrum put this kind of BS together. I think it hurts all of us, because it only gets the emotions running high and causes us to worry less about the facts and more about beating up the opposition.

Ravenhawk

imported post

why is there no link to article?

I can't believe he'd get away with saying that without at least getting a shoe thrown at him lol

Nice open carry topic though . . .

DEROS72

imported post

I have asked my source for exactly that. If I jumped the gun then I apologize.I am very emotional when it comes to this country and it's values.When I see a president kissing up to muslim dictators and apologizing for America I get pretty pissed .We are America and owe no one an apology for anything.

He is a traitor to this country ,the Constitution and all things American.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:

i didn't vote for him but if someone is going to say they said something they need to back it up with hard proof not some faux quote
He never said those words outside of his inner circle where anyone who is media or opposed to him could hear him... but he's probably said something close to those words in semi-truthful jest.

I really do not like Obama and if I could find a way to prove he said those words, I would.

But the real words he says are bad enough, and we have plenty to pick from.

How about;

"I don't know all the facts about the arrest of my friend, butI feel that the police acted "stupidly" in the arrest ofmy friend when they knew it was his home."

Or any other BS statement he makes about the economy or job losses.

He is a liar, a bald faced liar and needs to be called out... and the sycophantic media and his lapdog followers will not question him.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

all politicians are liars, and I have a nigerian friend who has lots of extra money and would like to share his welth with you but you hae to first send a check to him for the processing fee at his bank

Squeak

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:

Maybe not those EXACT words but implied. The 2 magazines I get, 'Military of the Purple Heart ' and 'Disabled American Veteran' both said pretty much the same thing. When the VSO went to DC to talk to the ONE, they said thatHE said or inplied that message. The VSO was told (by HIS office) to come up with a plan to save a few million dollars. VSO told them or HIM, 'that's not our job.' Where would I research-the liberal media? Don't think so! I'm more inclined the MOPH,DAV, and the VSO. I think those 100yrs + organizations have some credability. Don't shoot the messenger.

grishnav

imported post

DEROS72 wrote: Our President has absolutely no respect forthe members of the armed forces.

Hey, Obama and I can actually agree on something! I don't respect people that steal my money and use it to kill people either; doubly so when they fraudulently claim to do the killing in my name.

Oh, wait, he's the leader of those people now.

Oh well, back to the drawing board...

sudden valley gunner

imported post

grishnav wrote:
DEROS72 wrote: Our President has absolutely no respect forthe members of the armed forces.

Hey, Obama and I can actually agree on something! I don't respect people that steal my money and use it to kill people either; doubly so when they fraudulently claim to do the killing in my name.

Oh, wait, he's the leader of those people now.

Oh well, back to the drawing board...
There has been a disrespect for our military brewing for a long time. It made me sick to see Gregoire's speech praising our soldiers the other day, when she didn't want to count their votes in the governor's race. Politics have become a joke for a long time in this country.

OT but I figured out how to fix VA health care system. Make it the system our politicians have to use.