• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Bullet Proof Mind: Mental Preparation to use Firearms for Protection

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

Found a flyer for a "rare public course" seminar on 8/15/09 in Puyallup 9am-4pm at Best Western Plaza Hotel by a Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman "West Point Professor/one of nation's leading leo trainers". He's written a few books-"On Killing", "On Combat", etc. The topic is "Mental Preparation to use Firearms for Protection". Course covers:
-PTSD
-the "Warrior Spirit"
-Surviving Gunshot Wounds
-Combat Preparation for your Spouse
-Killing Enabling Process
-Survivor Guilt
-Important drill that nobody practices
-Games are more dangerous than movies
-reality and fantasy are a blur
etc, etc
Anyway, it sound interesting, not that I have the time or money to go..
Register by phone 800-622-9391 $109 or online at www.code4. org $99. (website didn't seem to work too well)

5jeffro7

imported post

just out of curiosity, I emailed the company responsible for this seminar, inquiring as to what their policy was with respect to open carry. The reply is as follows:

I am not familiar with the laws in Washington. But if you are acting within the laws of Washington stateI have no reason or interest in telling you not to exercise your rights under the law. I hope to see you at the seminar.

Joe

Code 4 Public Safety Education Assoc., Inc.
Voice (541) 245-0703
Fax: (541)732-1829
Email: Information@Code4.org
Web: www.Code4.org

I somewhat figured that would be their response, but considering that some members have been told not to OC in gun stores, one never knows...