• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA Resident - OC in Pennsylvania?

IamMick

imported post

I see it's legal to OC in Pennsylvania but not legal while in a motor vehicle. I am coming up for a family reunion and want to OC. Does this mean I have to keep it in the trunk and only take it out when I am outside the car? Please explain...thank you!

Mick

knighted4

imported post

IamMick wrote:
I see it's legal to OC in Pennsylvania but not legal while in a motor vehicle. I am coming up for a family reunion and want to OC. Does this mean I have to keep it in the trunk and only take it out when I am outside the car? Please explain...thank you!

Mick

You can only OC on foot. However in a car there are restrictions as to where you can drive and only to and from you can't make side trip of any kind.

http://www.usacarry.com/pennsylvania_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

knighted4

IamMick

imported post

Thanks knighted for the info. It's only like 3 days I will be up there so I will probably go with out. No need to try and interpret another states rules while I am a guest there for only 3 days.