• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater August OC Dinner

thnycav

imported post

Sounds like I will be able to attend as well not very far from my work and on my way home.

Bubba Ron

imported post

We'd love to be there but I'm having two crowns done at 3:30 on the 12th :shock: Marshall (our OCDO VB dentist) says he needs the money for more ammo :D Hopefully we'll be able to make the next dining out....

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bubba, tell Marshall he needs to be extra special gentle so you don't miss the dinner! And tell him to come along. We haven't seen him at one in a long time.

Then of course, there's me.:? I will try to be there.

45acpForMe

imported post

Does anyone coming to the dinner want to swap 80 rounds of 223 for 7.62x39(Winchester)?

I have a new toy to feed and Chickahominy opens in a few weeks. I haven't seen 223 ammo anywhere so any suggestions are welcome.

Bubba Ron

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
Does anyone coming to the dinner want to swap 80 rounds of 223 for 7.62x39(Winchester)?

I have a new toy to feed and Chickahominy opens in a few weeks. I haven't seen 223 ammo anywhere so any suggestions are welcome.
We have been getting our 223 ammo from http://www.Wideners.com but haven't been there for a while so not sure what's now in stock - you might also check http://www.ammoengine.com/

CRF250rider1000

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:

I'm not sure about down there, but the walmart and dicks sporting goods were PACKED with .223 here in NOVA.

45acpForMe

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
I'm not sure about down there, but the walmart and dicks sporting goods were PACKED with .223 here in NOVA.
I haven't seen .223 at Walmart for a while down here but went this morning and found 4 boxes of Remingtion so I cleared them out. :)

Mechman

imported post

Wish I did not have to work till 5:30pm. Since I live in Norfolk, it makes it hard to get up to Newport News in time.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There's still time to quit the offending job before the dinner happens.:celebrate

Egads, man, you have to have your priorities in order!!

Mechman

imported post

;) Thanks for shaking me back into reality! I did lose my sense of priorities there for a second. Seriously though,how late do these events usually run...never been before. There might be a chance I could still come if I knew for sure you all would be there for a couple of hours at least.

45acpForMe

imported post

Mechman wrote:
how late do these events usually run...
I have been to 4-5 dinners and they usually break up after about two hours. So you have time to eat and talk for a while. So 7-9pm at the restaurant and sometimes people either stand around in the parking lot or a few head somewhere else.