• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who will be at the dream cruise on August 15?

Michigander

imported post

I always go if I'm in town, and this year will be no exception.

If anyone from here will be going, we should meet up. The problem is that I'm not sure what would be a good spot to meet up. Woodward itself would be very hard to pull off because it will be very crowded and almost impossible to find parking, so I'd think a park or something near by would be a good place to meet up and walk over, but I'm not sure what would be a good one. I'll figure it out if no one has any suggestions.

Who's going?

jfrenchudm

imported post

I will most likely be at Beaumont at 13 & woodward; my wife is due at any moment. Otherwise, I normally avoid the "dream" cruise, as I live right near woodward and the cruise is enough to make me want to pull my hair out. In other words, I may or may not, we'll see.

lapeer20m

imported post

i will be there, although not o/c ing. i'll be driving my jacuzzi bus. this is year number 5 for me, and ironically enough is also jacuzzi bus number 5. it's the big black bus with flames painted on the sides and a 50 foot flame thrower (large propane burner) on the roof. all day long we cruise walking speed or slower. stop in and say hi (if you have your cpl). we pick up lots of random people throught the day. i love woodward! it's the best bus event out of the year

Radioman

imported post

HMMMMMMM.... now this presents a dilemma. Dream Cruise and an OC picnic on the same day. Lets see here, how to fit it all in.

Anybody up for an early walk on Woodward with a caravan to Macomb Twp for lunch and then back to Woodward for the wind-down burnout fest?

Radioman

Michigander

imported post

I'd love to, but I have friends coming in to the cruise from very far away, so I have to divide my time between them and whatever OCing activities I do separately from them, so it's not likely I'll have time to go to macomb as well.

Veritas

imported post

Well... I can offer this:

I live pretty darn close to Woodward. You can actually WALK to Woodward and Maple from my home in about 20 to 25 minutes. Folks can meet up here if they want.

The only thing, though, is that day is my nephews first birthday, so I will definitely have to make an appearance at my family's home.

However, as part of my 2A family, you guys can meet up at my house without me here, organize into several vehicles, and then travel over to Woodward. I'll just catch up with you all later.

I just ask that folks don't park on my grass. My yard is still "under construction" so I'm not so much concerned about the damage... but my neighborhood has a certain aesthetic level that must be maintained; lest I become known as the "redneck" on the block.

And also, please be aware that my neighbors are not so much aware of my dealings in the world... especially in the 2A area. So please be aware of them if anyone decides to take me up on this offer... know that seeing umpteen men with guns surrounding my home, especially when I am not home, might cause an eyebrow or two to raise. This said, if you DO decide to walk (rather than drive)... also be aware that some of the neighbors might be freaked out at the sight of umpteen armed people walking down the street. I'm not altogether concerned about what folks may think of me... but I am somewhat new to the neighborhood and have not yet had the opportunity to properly introduce myself to many people. That's all I'll say... decide for yourselves; but use discretion.

My driveway can cram about 4 or 5 vehicles... from there, folks can line the street in front of my house (should hold another 4 or 5).

PM me if you're interested... and I'll work out the address details with you.

One last teeny weenie request: I'd prefer to keep my address details local to the regulars. No offense to the newcomers or less-known folks... but I do sort of have an issue with "strangers" knowing too much about me. But if a regular can vouch for any of these folks... then I'm cool with it.

I'll likely be bringing my German Shepherd when I arrive on scene... she'd love a playmate if anyone wants to bring their pups.

Michigander

imported post

Bump

Thank you for the offer Veritas. It might not be needed, we'll see. I'm going to try to scout out some locations, but if nothing else your kind offer does sound workable.

The Libertarians have traditionally had a spot near 11 mile, so we should perhaps make a point to go by and introduce ourselves if they're there this year.

Radioman

imported post

Thanks for the offer Veritas. I usually park at an old customers lot just off of 13 mile and Woodward so I am good.

Hope to see a few of you at the Cruise or Picnic.

Radioman

Veritas

imported post

No problem, fellas.

I might have some slight schedule changes this weekend. By the late afternoon to early evening, I should be out there. If things go south, schedule-wise, I'll just make my appearance on Sunday. But as it stands, I'm shooting for Saturday still.

I'd love to meet up with the Libertarians... can you offer more specific details about their location?

Michigander

imported post

I don't know if they'll be there or not. They have been in the past, but certainly no one has told me that they'll be there this year.

Where they have traditionally been is on the west side, just north of 11 mile, as in by about 80 feet, directly next door to Car Tunes.

Michigander

imported post

The only spot I've seen that will probably be vacant and no one will mind if we park is about half or 3/4 of a mile east of woodward on 4th street in Royal Oak. Just east of CVS and Aco. There are also always side streets.

So far it doesn't look like a whole lot of people want to meet up and walk around. Between the other 2 events the same day, and the fact that LE interaction is completely guaranteed, it's not exactly a surprise. :uhoh:

I'll probably be out and about by about 1100 am. If anyone is specifically interested in meeting up at a given point, please let me know.

lapeer20m

imported post

here's my sweet ride:

IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0367.JPG

Radioman

imported post

Well .. Woodward was fun today. Lots of nice classic cars, Lots of folks out enjoying the good weather.

Met up with Michigander and biked around for a while before meeting another friend for dinner.

Missed Dougwg if he made it up to the area of BK.

Didnt see Mikestillys cool bus on the road but saw it on a certain side street on my way home. Maybe next year.

All in all a fun evening after the Macomb Twp Picnic.

Radioman

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
here's my sweet ride:

IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0367.JPG
Can we hold our annual MOC membership meeting in there? Of course the MOC officers would be in the tub counting the votes and conducting business. It will be rough but I knew there would be sacrifices.

Michigander

imported post

As I often opt to do, I avoided OCing while riding, as well as for much of the time I was walking around, because it is easy for police to engineer a reason to ticket a bicyclist if they want to.

That said, I did get seen OCing today by police in Royal Oak and Ferndale, and as they have done in the past they looked but didn't stop me.