• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I want to make a TV commercial

jarhead1911A

imported post

So i am sure everyone has seen the brinks security commercial? the guy kicks in the door and the alarm goes off the phone rings and they are all scared right?

Well how about guy kicks in door and the home owner pulls a 357 mag and blows him away as he steps through the entry way?

Well at any rate it would make a good super bowl commercial.......

I have to remind myself that companies like that use fear tactics to get people to buy the product

Aaron1124

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
So i am sure everyone has seen the brinks security commercial? the guy kicks in the door and the alarm goes off the phone rings and they are all scared right?

Well how about guy kicks in door and the home owner pulls a 357 mag and blows him away as he steps through the entry way?

Well at any rate it would make a good super bowl commercial.......

I have to remind myself that companies like that use fear tactics to get people to buy the product
Or a commercial where a guy kicks in the door, hears the alarm, and DOESN'T run away because he doesn't care

jarhead1911A

imported post

good point but we should put a commercial on for the 2nd so people will get clued in on guns and there own personal safety and not have to pay every month to feel safe.

I see signs around my neighborhood of people with security systems and i laugh cause i could walk off with there tv computer and the kitchen sink before the cops even think about heading this direction..........

jarhead1911A

imported post

YUP thats a good example but the AK was abit much.... next we will have M1gunnr parking his tank in the front room with the turret aimed at the door....

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

you can make one showing 1st how nickel and dimesgun bans can get you killed and then how protecting yourself you can survive

Charles Paul Lincoln

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:

I had exactly the same thought . . .

Bad guy breaks in. Alarm goes off. Homeowner shoots bad guy, 2+1, who falls to floor DRT. Telephone rings.

Homeowner answers, "Hello?"

Brinks guy on the line. "This is Tom at Brinks Security. We received an alarm notification. Is everything all right?"

Homeowner, "Yup. There's a dead guy on my floor, can you call the coroner?"

Flash to police arriving at house, talking to owner, body leaving on gurney.

Last scene. Officerhands card tohomeowner, and turns to leave with partner. As they walk down the sidewalk,he says, "I wish more break-in calls ended this way."

Officer 2 replies, "Yeah, it saves us trouble and the taxpayers money when the perp ends up in a body bag."

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Charles

SlackwareRobert

imported post

I like the new one with the cameras. Hey you I see you bleeding on that
white carpet, stop bleeding now or we will prosecute for the stain removal.

Always wondered why they were afraid to use than lilly white crooks.
Then while up at night steaming over the latest robbery by my
representatives, and watching dumbest criminals, it dawned on me...
The black thug isn't going to get scarred and run off from a little bell ringing.
Hard to sell a product if the victim is being stabbed while the crook
is laughing at the operator on the phone.

Yea would be nice if when mommy grabs her little girl to hide behind, she
draws from her OC holstered 1911, pulls trigger bad guy flies backwards
out the door with big hole in chest, little girl flies back into mom pushing them
both into next room.
announcer voice over...
"Brinks Jacketed Hollow Points, for when a cop is to heavy to carry"
phone rings...
"Yes mam, were sending a new loaded mag right now."
" With all new 45's, get a second AR-15 at no extra cost"
fade to black......

1245A Defender

imported post

the thing about these alarms, is that base central, doesnt get an alarm, and the sirene in the house doesnt go off for about 30sec. so by that time the girl screams, and runs up the stairs to her dresser, pulls her trusty tanfoglio GT380 and 2s+1 the X boyfriend at the dooor of the bedroom! then the phone rings! "are you OK?"

New Daddy

imported post

If you're really serious, most cable companies have a public access channel. They generally provide a studio and limited technical help to get you started. After that, it's all free.

http://www.mrsc.org/Subjects/Telecomm/PEG.aspx

King County:

http://www.scantv.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=157&Itemid=65

Here's an example of some (better quality) programming:

http://stillhopeproductions.com/Sea-Inside/html/publicAccess.html

Of course, I'm sure everybody remembers the Mike Hunt Show.