Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Port Townsend

Post imported post

Today, I spoke with 2 Port Townsend officers that were in the store. Without disclosing why, I casually asked what they do with people who OC. Without going into a long story, basically their personal opinion was supportive of OC, however, they get a multitude of MWAG. It seems the entire city, gov't and citizens are anti.

Then One mentioned they had a guy a while back carrying a couple rifles...At this point I interrupted and said CASAD? They were surprised that I was aware of the case. I then asked about a city training bulletin and they have only received a few e-mails about OC. It was mentioned that WSP has recently developed and sent out some things about OC, but they were not specific.

At this point I provided them with a couple flyers and a copy of the suggested letter that Mike (the guru) posted here a year or so back. I had massaged it a bit to be a reference of case law that was specific to our cause and applicable to Wa. as well.

I also suggested they give these documents to their chief, and city attorney. When I said I might take a trip up and OC, they smiled and said it would be a good idea. Now, are they smiling because of an impending arrest or because they support OC ? the latter I would guess.

Maybe a picnic in Port Townsend is in order. I did mention our monthly get togethers and picnics. That got a great response.

Post imported post

Sounds like another scenic motorcycle ride to an OC event to me. I'm interested, weekends are best.

Post imported post

let s go! my moto guzzi likes that trip! the P.T. cop maybe smiled cause the mwag call would be a good learning experiance for the antis on thier force!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

I love that town, but the drive is too much for me at the moment.

Post imported post

I would be game for a PT meet, provided I am not working...

Post imported post

I'm very interested in a meet in the Port Townsend area. I haven't been there in several years.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

I work in Port Townsend (and grew up there). I have always feared OC'ing there (very liberal town), but having an OC picnic there might be just what I need to get me out of my shell. Chetzemoka Park is nice.

Trigger DR, did you happen to get the officers' names? Small town, I may have gone to school with them.

Highway 101

Post imported post

I do not want to identify the officers at present. We do not need to put in jeopardy anyone that could be of benefit to us.

Unfortunately, my schedule until October, is very full with both jobs. By the way we got in 45 acp at the store today. 3 cases so it won't last long. Wolf, $17.99 Limit 2 per.

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    I do not want to identify the officers at present. We do not need to put in jeopardy anyone that could be of benefit to us.
    No problem.....Just curious who in the PTPD might be OC friendly.

Highway 101

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    Unfortunately, my schedule until October, is very full with both jobs.
    My schedule is full until October as well. A fall picnic should work great for me.

Highway 101

Post imported post

I'm gonna be out that way next Tuesday, how bout then for a meet?:quirky

Seriously, I'm up for something any given Sunday as usual, motorcycle ride sounds great (saves ferry hassle).
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Post imported post

hey metalhead47, im not gettin the pointof the ferry hastle? keystone to pt townsand? or are you goin to ride around puget sound, just for the fun?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Post imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
    hey metalhead47, im not gettin the pointof the ferry hastle? keystone to pt townsand? or are you goin to ride around puget sound, just for the fun?
    Yeah I'd be coming over from Keystone, and I've heard it's been a pain since they got those tiny interim ferries & mandatory reservations.

Post imported post

my friends and i went the other way for oysterfest last year, the boat was just fine, my friend did the resevervation thing for us, no prob. and that was on the week end!

Post imported post

im talkin about last yr. and i did come back, thru seattle, for the change of scene!

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    Metalhead47 wrote:
    Yeah I'd be coming over from Keystone, and I've heard it's been a pain since they got those tiny interim ferries & mandatory reservations.
    HUH? Did that come back again? They started regulary ferry service about 2 or 3 months ago.

WSF website shows Steilacoom II underwayas of7:22am this morning.
    ?? Last I heard reservations were still required for vehicles or you have to sit around & go standby. Unless you're on a motorcycle

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    Today, I spoke with 2 Port Townsend officers that were in the store. Without disclosing why, I casually asked what they do with people who OC. Without going into a long story, basically their personal opinion was supportive of OC, however, they get a multitude of MWAG. It seems the entire city, gov't and citizens are anti.

Then One mentioned they had a guy a while back carrying a couple rifles...At this point I interrupted and said CASAD. They were surprised that I was aware of the case. I then asked about a city training bulletin and they have only received a few e-mails about OC. It was mentioned that WSP has recently developed and sent out some things about OC, but they were not specific.

At this point I provided them with a couple flyers and a copy of the suggested letter that Mike (the guru) posted here a year or so back. I had massaged it a bit to be a reference of case law that was specific to our cause and applicable to Wa. as well.

I also suggested they give these documents to their chief, and city attorney. When I said I might take a trip up and OC, they smiled and said it would be a good idea. Now, are they smiling because of an impending arrest or because they support OC ? the latter I would guess.

Maybe a picnic in Port Townsend is in order. I did mention our monthly get togethers and picnics. That got a great response.
    Citing State vs Casad is useless.

Unpublished opinions are not binding, in the sense that courts within the circuit need not follow them in subsequent decisions. Indeed, the procedural rules in most circuits formerly forbade, or at least disfavored, the very citation of such opinions. Under Fed. R. App. P. 32.1, however, the circuits may not bar the citation of unpublished decisions issued on or after January 1, 2007.

Citing it in court is worthless. State vs. Casad set no legal precedences it merely affirmed that the state had no authority to perform a Terry stop.

Since State vs. Casad set no legal precedent, Casad is not something that can even be cited in court.

Stop wasting your time with Casad; cite Terry instead.

Post imported post

Shadowfax, If you read that again you will see that Casad was mentioned only by name in an effort to determine if that was the person they were talking about.

Post imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
    NavyLT wrote:
    Metalhead47 wrote:
    HUH? Did that come back again? They started regulary ferry service about 2 or 3 months ago.

WSF website shows Steilacoom II underwayas of7:22am this morning.
    ?? Last I heard reservations were still required for vehicles or you have to sit around & go standby. Unless you're on a motorcycle
    I was in PT yesterday. You're not required to have a reservation but we pulled up around 5:00 and we were told we would not make the 6:45 but would be on the 8:30 sailing. Kingston had a 3 hour wait so we ended up driving around.

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    Shadowfax, If you read that again you will see that Casad was mentioned only by name in an effort to determine if that was the person they were talking about.
    Ah, you are correct, sir.

I have to admit, I see Casad on here so often it just sends me into a fit... Consider me chastised for not reading for full context.

Post imported post

My wife and I went to Port Townsend today. We saw three local patrol cars as we walked to the Public House for lunch (great halibut and chips, BTW). After lunch, we walked to the jewelry store to buy our daughter's b'day gifts for the party this weekend. Then I picked up a keg at the brewery (leftthe Kimber in the truck with my wife while I was in the bar) before we headed home. I never saw anyone even take a second glance at me all day. I get to PT four or five time a year. Never a problem.

Post imported post

Hey what time were you there? My family and I were there for a few hours, did some walking around, ate at that 1890's restaurant on the water. Same as you, just got a few dirty looks but no one said a durn thing, even in the packed ferry/terminal.

Post imported post

I think port townsend would be a great location I do not see much of a movement over in that general area. Please keep us updated when this could happen. This is a little off topic but I was in old store yesterday and read the sign up regarding OC. Dont remember how they worded it but whats up with having to check a open handgun in a sporting store? Use to be you would see lots of peolpe in there with a gun on there hip
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Post imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
    Hey what time were you there?
    We arrived about 1230 and left about 1430.

Post imported post

I live in Port Townsend and just discovered the OC movement tonight due to Starbucks newspaper article. Too cool. Wife and I both have CCW but she is so tiny that the only thing that even remotely conceals on her is .22, .25, .32 and the like, nothing confidence inspiring. Now that I know about OC I know she can be safer out picking blackberries alone because she can pack .45. If anyone comes to town and wants to go have coffee downtown OC, and stroll around town with me let me know. email taymere@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast