• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Port Townsend

Trigger Dr

imported post

Today, I spoke with 2 Port Townsend officers that were in the store. Without disclosing why, I casually asked what they do with people who OC. Without going into a long story, basically their personal opinion was supportive of OC, however, they get a multitude of MWAG. It seems the entire city, gov't and citizens are anti.

Then One mentioned they had a guy a while back carrying a couple rifles...At this point I interrupted and said CASAD? They were surprised that I was aware of the case. I then asked about a city training bulletin and they have only received a few e-mails about OC. It was mentioned that WSP has recently developed and sent out some things about OC, but they were not specific.

At this point I provided them with a couple flyers and a copy of the suggested letter that Mike (the guru) posted here a year or so back. I had massaged it a bit to be a reference of case law that was specific to our cause and applicable to Wa. as well.

I also suggested they give these documents to their chief, and city attorney. When I said I might take a trip up and OC, they smiled and said it would be a good idea. Now, are they smiling because of an impending arrest or because they support OC ? the latter I would guess.

Maybe a picnic in Port Townsend is in order. I did mention our monthly get togethers and picnics. That got a great response.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

I love that town, but the drive is too much for me at the moment.

jeeper1

imported post

I'm very interested in a meet in the Port Townsend area. I haven't been there in several years.

Highway 101

imported post

I work in Port Townsend (and grew up there). I have always feared OC'ing there (very liberal town), but having an OC picnic there might be just what I need to get me out of my shell. Chetzemoka Park is nice.

Trigger DR, did you happen to get the officers' names? Small town, I may have gone to school with them.

Highway 101

Trigger Dr

imported post

I do not want to identify the officers at present. We do not need to put in jeopardy anyone that could be of benefit to us.

Unfortunately, my schedule until October, is very full with both jobs. By the way we got in 45 acp at the store today. 3 cases so it won't last long. Wolf, $17.99 Limit 2 per.

Highway 101

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
I do not want to identify the officers at present. We do not need to put in jeopardy anyone that could be of benefit to us.
No problem.....Just curious who in the PTPD might be OC friendly.

Highway 101

Metalhead47

imported post

I'm gonna be out that way next Tuesday, how bout then for a meet?:quirky

Seriously, I'm up for something any given Sunday as usual, motorcycle ride sounds great (saves ferry hassle).

Metalhead47

imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
hey metalhead47, im not gettin the pointof the ferry hastle? keystone to pt townsand? or are you goin to ride around puget sound, just for the fun?
Yeah I'd be coming over from Keystone, and I've heard it's been a pain since they got those tiny interim ferries & mandatory reservations.

Metalhead47

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Metalhead47 wrote:
hey metalhead47, im not gettin the pointof the ferry hastle? keystone to pt townsand? or are you goin to ride around puget sound, just for the fun?
Yeah I'd be coming over from Keystone, and I've heard it's been a pain since they got those tiny interim ferries & mandatory reservations.

HUH? Did that come back again? They started regulary ferry service about 2 or 3 months ago.

WSF website shows Steilacoom II underwayas of7:22am this morning.
?? Last I heard reservations were still required for vehicles or you have to sit around & go standby. Unless you're on a motorcycle :cool:

shad0wfax

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Today, I spoke with 2 Port Townsend officers that were in the store. Without disclosing why, I casually asked what they do with people who OC. Without going into a long story, basically their personal opinion was supportive of OC, however, they get a multitude of MWAG. It seems the entire city, gov't and citizens are anti.

Then One mentioned they had a guy a while back carrying a couple rifles...At this point I interrupted and said CASAD. They were surprised that I was aware of the case. I then asked about a city training bulletin and they have only received a few e-mails about OC. It was mentioned that WSP has recently developed and sent out some things about OC, but they were not specific.

At this point I provided them with a couple flyers and a copy of the suggested letter that Mike (the guru) posted here a year or so back. I had massaged it a bit to be a reference of case law that was specific to our cause and applicable to Wa. as well.

I also suggested they give these documents to their chief, and city attorney. When I said I might take a trip up and OC, they smiled and said it would be a good idea. Now, are they smiling because of an impending arrest or because they support OC ? the latter I would guess.

Maybe a picnic in Port Townsend is in order. I did mention our monthly get togethers and picnics. That got a great response.
Citing State vs Casad is useless.

[font="Arial, Helvetica"]Unpublished opinions are not binding, in the sense that courts within the circuit need not follow them in subsequent decisions. Indeed, the procedural rules in most circuits formerly forbade, or at least disfavored, the very citation of such opinions. Under Fed. R. App. P. 32.1, however, the circuits may not bar the citation of unpublished decisions issued on or after January 1, 2007.

Citing it in court is worthless. State vs. Casad set no legal precedences it merely affirmed that the state had no authority to perform a Terry stop.

Since State vs. Casad set no legal precedent, Casad is not something that can even be cited in court.

Stop wasting your time with Casad; cite Terry instead.[/font]

Trigger Dr

imported post

Shadowfax, If you read that again you will see that Casad was mentioned only by name in an effort to determine if that was the person they were talking about.

5918mike

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
Metalhead47 wrote:

HUH? Did that come back again? They started regulary ferry service about 2 or 3 months ago.

WSF website shows Steilacoom II underwayas of7:22am this morning.
?? Last I heard reservations were still required for vehicles or you have to sit around & go standby. Unless you're on a motorcycle
I was in PT yesterday. You're not required to have a reservation but we pulled up around 5:00 and we were told we would not make the 6:45 but would be on the 8:30 sailing. Kingston had a 3 hour wait so we ended up driving around.

shad0wfax

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Shadowfax, If you read that again you will see that Casad was mentioned only by name in an effort to determine if that was the person they were talking about.
Ah, you are correct, sir.

I have to admit, I see Casad on here so often it just sends me into a fit... Consider me chastised for not reading for full context. :uhoh: