• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kitsap County Fair

Vandal

imported post

It is a few weeks away but I am going to be coming over from Pullman with my girlfriend to attend the Fair. She is a 4H alum and got roped into coming back to help the 4H kids do their thing and I am going to be tagging along.

I was wondering if anyone knew if OC is alright there or if the grounds are rented out by the county like Gasworks Park is by Seattle during the 4th and therefor they can attempt to "ban" guns. In theory, I should be just fine OCing if the Fair is owned and run by the County, and from looking at the website this appears to be the case. Can anyone offer some further insight in regards to this?

Also, would anyone in the area be up for a meet that Saturday, the 29th?

Thanks in advance for the help.

G27

imported post

Well the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office is the ones that provide security for the event as long as I remember and I know we've all had good experiances.

Quite frankly, since I wear an IWB for my G27 and I love that little viking ship that goes upside down, I won't be carrying. I'm most likely going to lose my hat, don't wanna lose my gun, too! :lol:

Tawnos

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
Do they have live music? If so, could it be considered a "music festival"?
No, because 1)music would have to be the primary reason and 2) government sponsored fairs are exempted: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=70.108.020

(1) "Outdoor music festival" or "music festival" or "festival" means an assembly of persons gathered primarily for outdoor, live or recorded musical entertainment, where the predicted attendance is two thousand persons or more and where the duration of the program is five hours or longer: PROVIDED, That this definition shall not be applied to any regularly established permanent place of worship, stadium, athletic field, arena, auditorium, coliseum, or other similar permanently established places of assembly for assemblies which do not exceed by more than two hundred fifty people the maximum seating capacity of the structure where the assembly is held: PROVIDED, FURTHER, That this definition shall not apply to government sponsored fairs held on regularly established fairgrounds nor to assemblies required to be licensed under other laws or regulations of the state.

antispam540

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
antispam540 wrote:
Do they have live music? If so, could it be considered a "music festival"?
No, because 1)music would have to be the primary reason and 2) government sponsored fairs are exempted: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=70.108.020

(1) "Outdoor music festival" or "music festival" or "festival" means an assembly of persons gathered primarily for outdoor, live or recorded musical entertainment, where the predicted attendance is two thousand persons or more and where the duration of the program is five hours or longer: PROVIDED, That this definition shall not be applied to any regularly established permanent place of worship, stadium, athletic field, arena, auditorium, coliseum, or other similar permanently established places of assembly for assemblies which do not exceed by more than two hundred fifty people the maximum seating capacity of the structure where the assembly is held: PROVIDED, FURTHER, That this definition shall not apply to government sponsored fairs held on regularly established fairgrounds nor to assemblies required to be licensed under other laws or regulations of the state.
Awesome! Thanks for clearing that up :)