Thread: Clothing obstruction make OC to CC ??

Post imported post

If I'm wearing a hip holstered handgun on my belt, but my shirt is not tucked in and covers it, is it considered concealed?

Post imported post

Absolutely! Make sure you have your CPL if you might cover your weapon inadvertently.

Post imported post

Well, my concern was this...

I have a CCW, but to go in the CCW PFZ's, you have to OC. But... I never tuck my shirt in

Post imported post

Tuck your shirt behind your holster.

Post imported post

ethernetweb wrote:
    Well, my concern was this...

I have a CCW, but to go in the CCW PFZ's, you have to OC. But... I never tuck my shirt in
    Just so you are aware a CCW (Carrying a Concealed Weapon)is a 5 year felony. I'm assuming you meant to say you that you have a CPL (Concealed Pistol License).

It's up to each individual how you prefer to carry your firearm. Just remember, if you CC in PFZ (Pistol Free Zone) and are caught, your license will be revoked. Either don't carry in a PFZ, our OC so long as you have a CPL.

Post imported post

Yeah, that's what i do... tuck it behind the shirt.

As for CCW, I meant that I have the permit to CCW, the CPL as it is. I certainly don't have, nor want the felonly hehe

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

ethernetweb wrote:
    Yeah, that's what i do... tuck it behind the shirt.

As for CCW, I meant that I have the permit to CCW, the CPL as it is. I certainly don't have, nor want the felonly hehe
    No, you have a license to carry a concealed pistol (CPL). Some states have CCW which allow them to carry a variety of weapons, brass knuckles, saps, knives, etc.

Read what it says on the license.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    No, you have a license to carry a concealed pistol (CPL). Some states have CCW which allow them to carry a variety of weapons, brass knuckles, saps, knives, etc.

Read what it says on the license.
    I stand corrected. Sorry to whomever I may have confused.

However more to the point - my concern was, while OC in a CPL PFZ, if my shirt was to fall over my holster, would it then be considered illegal.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Yes, my advice is just tuck in your shirt to avoid any mishaps with LEO's. I also prefer my shirts untucked but in this situation I would not want there to be any mistaking my OC'ing