• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clothing obstruction make OC to CC ??

T Vance

imported post

ethernetweb wrote:
Well, my concern was this...

I have a CCW, but to go in the CCW PFZ's, you have to OC. But... I never tuck my shirt in :)

Just so you are aware a CCW (Carrying a Concealed Weapon)is a 5 year felony. I'm assuming you meant to say you that you have a CPL (Concealed Pistol License).

It's up to each individual how you prefer to carry your firearm. Just remember, if you CC in PFZ (Pistol Free Zone) and are caught, your license will be revoked. Either don't carry in a PFZ, our OC so long as you have a CPL.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

ethernetweb wrote:
Yeah, that's what i do... tuck it behind the shirt.

As for CCW, I meant that I have the permit to CCW, the CPL as it is. I certainly don't have, nor want the felonly hehe :)

No, you have a license to carry a concealed pistol (CPL). Some states have CCW which allow them to carry a variety of weapons, brass knuckles, saps, knives, etc.

Read what it says on the license.

TheRabbitsHole

imported post

Venator wrote:
No, you have a license to carry a concealed pistol (CPL). Some states have CCW which allow them to carry a variety of weapons, brass knuckles, saps, knives, etc.

Read what it says on the license.

I stand corrected. Sorry to whomever I may have confused.

However more to the point - my concern was, while OC in a CPL PFZ, if my shirt was to fall over my holster, would it then be considered illegal.