Thread: Ruger P89

Post imported post

Does anyone own a Ruger P89? I want to know if I'm not the only Ruger P89 gun owner out there.

Post imported post

I have had a P93DC since I turned 21. It was the first (and only) hand gun that I bought for myself.

Thing is built like a tank. I have probably put 5000+ rounds through it. The only ammo it didnt like was cci blazer steel case.

I will be getting an XD this fall for concealment purposes.

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Post imported post

P89 man here as well. Being my first auto I wanted something dead nuts reliable.

I shoot 124gr Gold Dots with no problems, although the groups tightened up appreciably when I went to a stiffer recoil spring (I can find my brass now too!)

Post imported post

I've read stories from law enforcement officers that most of the time they carriedRuger P89'sBut I think they carry glocks now.

Post imported post

Well I don't have a P89.Is a P85 close enough? It's my daily carry. I tote it in a fobus holster. I'm the original owner, thousands of rounds thru it. never a malfunction.

Post imported post

Yeah, it's fine. All of the Ruger P-Series are almost the same. The reason why they they have numbers is because of when they were made. Like the P89 was made in 1989. P85 was made in 1985 and so on.

Post imported post

I had a RugerP89 since 87. Sold it this pat spring to a friend. Loved the gun but was no longer enamored with the 9mm round. Friend now loves it and I know it found a good home
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

back 10-12 yrs ago, I was really liking the Ruger P-series, especially the bi-tones with the ambi de-cocking lever (I'm a South-Paw).

It came into perfect aim everytime i would draw it, I never did get it though, I still had my trusty Ruger revolver to depend on.

They are a great gun IMO, I decided to go with a polymer framed bi-tone XD-m in .40 for my most recent purchase.

Post imported post

Ruger P89....shoot it until your trigger finger falls off. The firearm will still function. One will get tired of shooting it before it wears out.

Post imported post

P89 Boy wrote:
    Does anyone own a Ruger P89? I want to know if I'm not the only Ruger P89 gun owner out there.
    I sold mine. Was great. It was the weapon I drew the one and only time I ever had to.

Put thousands and thousands of rounds through it. Never a complaint.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.