• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ruger P89

G

imported post

Does anyone own a Ruger P89? I want to know if I'm not the only Ruger P89 gun owner out there.

pyite

imported post

I have had a P93DC since I turned 21. It was the first (and only) hand gun that I bought for myself.

Thing is built like a tank. I have probably put 5000+ rounds through it. The only ammo it didnt like was cci blazer steel case.

I will be getting an XD this fall for concealment purposes.

Daddyo

imported post

P89 man here as well. Being my first auto I wanted something dead nuts reliable.

I shoot 124gr Gold Dots with no problems, although the groups tightened up appreciably when I went to a stiffer recoil spring (I can find my brass now too!)

G

imported post

I've read stories from law enforcement officers that most of the time they carriedRuger P89'sBut I think they carry glocks now.

DynoLA

imported post

Well I don't have a P89.Is a P85 close enough? It's my daily carry. I tote it in a fobus holster. I'm the original owner, thousands of rounds thru it. never a malfunction.

G

imported post

Yeah, it's fine. All of the Ruger P-Series are almost the same. The reason why they they have numbers is because of when they were made. Like the P89 was made in 1989. P85 was made in 1985 and so on.

KansasMustang

imported post

I had a RugerP89 since 87. Sold it this pat spring to a friend. Loved the gun but was no longer enamored with the 9mm round. Friend now loves it and I know it found a good home :)

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

back 10-12 yrs ago, I was really liking the Ruger P-series, especially the bi-tones with the ambi de-cocking lever (I'm a South-Paw).

It came into perfect aim everytime i would draw it, I never did get it though, I still had my trusty Ruger revolver to depend on.

They are a great gun IMO, I decided to go with a polymer framed bi-tone XD-m in .40 for my most recent purchase.

c45man

imported post

Ruger P89....shoot it until your trigger finger falls off. The firearm will still function. One will get tired of shooting it before it wears out.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

P89 Boy wrote:
Does anyone own a Ruger P89? I want to know if I'm not the only Ruger P89 gun owner out there.
I sold mine. Was great. It was the weapon I drew the one and only time I ever had to.

Put thousands and thousands of rounds through it. Never a complaint.