• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seeking Gun Buyback...

templar223

imported post

Hey guys and gals.

I'm from Guns Save Life (dot com) in Illinois and we've raised money in the past by "cashing" in at gun "buy backs" by taking rusted junk in and trading it for cash or pre-paid mastercards. We then buy guns to give away to children, along with literally thousands of pounds of ammunition for the longest running NRA Youth Shooting Camp (which we have been the largest single sponsor for over the last few years).

gunbuyback.jpg

We have been collecting for Chicago's annual buy back (dontkilladream dot com or something like that) for about a year now. Regrettably, Chicago has decided to get cheap this year and is only offering $50 per gun. For the write up of what happened last time we went,

The deed
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=291523

The results
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=293971

Sorry, mister daley, we're not selling into that low-ball offer.

Chicagobuyback.jpg
chicagoturnin.jpg

(Here's about half of what we've got for this year)

We're looking for some do-gooders with deep pockets who might be holding a buy back within a few hours of Champaign, IL. We're looking for either cash events or pre-paid credit cards in the amount of $100 per gun or more. Coupons to Kroger, Target or Chili's doesn't impress us. Yes, we drive a hard bargain, but our members are worth it (especially considering some of the guns we've got have come from a pair of long-time members who've passed away since donating their guns -- including a D-Day soldier.)

If anyone here should hear of a BuyBack in the coming months in IN or MO, please email me with the details or a lead. IM me or email me at my nickname here @comcast.net.

Thanks in advance.

John

stormchaser

imported post

is this a joke?, i thought it was againt the law in IL.

to carry a hand gun,on you or in your car how

would anyone get there from IN.,KY.MO. without

the risk of being arested?

templar223

imported post

stormchaser wrote:
is this a joke?, i thought it was againt the law in IL.

to carry a hand gun,on you or in your car how

would anyone get there from IN.,KY.MO. without

the risk of being arested?

No, I assure you it's neither a joke nor against the law (well, they pick and choose which laws they ignore and "buy backs" are "gun laws ignored" zones).

Unloaded and encased is legal in IL for FOID holders.

Inaccessible (and I recommend encased and unloaded as well) is legal for non-residents. Don't have a trunk? A locked case would offer protection from any cops wanting to be jerks.

I don't want this to turn into a legal advice thread.

We're looking for turn ins where they're offering $100+ cash or pre-paid credit card for each gun. Just point us in the right direction and we'll do the rest.

John