Thread: Selecting an XDM 40

Post imported post

I am buying a gun this weekend and It will be the XDM 40 for the police academy. I was looking and found a blued for 569 new or a bi-tone for 619 new. Is there any advantage to having the bi-tone. I will be putting upwards of $900 worth of ammo through it in 5 months. Will the bi-tone last longer. I'm not quite sure, what do y'all think? Pros cons etc. Also can you carry a bi-Tone gun as an officer?
    Thanks!
    S

Post imported post

okay my friend finally answered me and stated that in Utah your gun should be a solid color

Post imported post

Sounds good.

There is also no difference in hardness when it comes to Bi-Tone or Solid. it's merely for the looks.

Congratulations on owning one fine handgun, it's a very smooth shooter.

Post imported post

Hope this helps:P

-I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA

Post imported post

The "blued" one will eventually wear off if using a kydex holster. My buddies XD has seen a few years of heavy use and the coating is wearing off on teh edges and corners and rust is a problem if he doesnt stay on top of it. That is why i decided i am going bitone when i get mine.

Post imported post

Walkeraviator wrote:
    The "blued" one will eventually wear off if using a kydex holster. My buddies XD has seen a few years of heavy use and the coating is wearing off on teh edges and corners and rust is a problem if he doesnt stay on top of it. That is why i decided i am going bitone when i get mine.
    I use my government grade CLP for my weapons and have never had a rusting issue. I pull them out once a month to be cleaned and wiped down.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

The XD-m is not "Blued" it has a coating of melonite on it, the stuff is tougher than the steel it is put on.

I purchases an XD-m in .40, and I liked the OD-Green frame with the black slide and purchased that. I always liked the bi-tone ruger P-series too.

I think CA & DC have issues with the color of a pistol? Wasn't that basically what sparked the heller case?

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    I purchases an XD-m in .40, and I liked the OD-Green frame with the black slide and purchased that. I always liked the bi-tone ruger P-series too.
    I'd love to have the XDm in 9mm OD/Black