Thread: Green Bay Fox 11 news: Open carry picnic planned for Saturday (video at 5PM)

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

UPDATE: video news clip:
    http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/local_wluk_greenbay_open_carry_picnic_200908061253 _rev1

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/...908061253_rev1

Open carry picnic
    planned for Saturday
    Updated: Thursday, 06 Aug 2009, 3:16 PM CDT
    Published : Thursday, 06 Aug 2009, 12:55 PM CDT

GREEN BAY - Gun owners in Green Bay have organized an open carry picnic for Saturday. It will be held at Ted Fritsch Park on the city's west side and starts at noon. The group wanted to hold the event at Bay Beach Amusement Park but agreed to a compromise with the city to instead hold it at a park where there will be less people.

Ed Foral, one of the event's organizers, said it's a good opportunity to raise awareness about gun rights.

It is legal for Wisconsin residents to openly carry a holstered firearm without a permit. Foral said the open carry picnics have been inspired by a memo Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen sent earlier this year to district attorney's across the state. In the memo, Van Hollen said that a person can not be charged with disorderly conduct for just openly carrying a gun and there must be other cause for an arrest.

FOX 11 has left phone messages with the Green Bay city attorney's office and police department seeking comment.

Lou Hillman will have a complete report coming up tonight on FOX 11 News at Five.

Post imported post

Watched it, awesome story, great advertising for the picnic& us.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Try to get the word out on the petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/wi1848oc/petition.htmlto picnicgoers and press - we need to get that thing in the news!

Banned

Post imported post

I agree anyone at the picnic who talks to the media should push the petition into the conversation as many times as possible.

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

Good stuff. All around. Wish I could be there.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Mike wrote: They contacted me yesterday for an interview , I respectfully declined.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    Mike wrote: They contacted me yesterday for an interview , I respectfully declined.
    Why? Did you not have time?

Post imported post

Sat aug 7?

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    I suppose you declined due to an unavoidable conflict. You did offer to them an alternate person they couldinterview, right?
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

DanM wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    I suppose you declined due to an unavoidable conflict. You did offer to them an alternate person they couldinterview, right?
    hmmm, well. I have no ones telephone numbers or email addresses so, handing them off to someone else, would be problematic at best. but I declined that particular station because they enjoy being anti gun, to an extreme & anything said would be taken out of context. How ever I happily did an interview for WBAY channel 2 here in Green Bay.

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    hmmm, well. I have no ones telephone numbers or email addresses so, handing them off to someone else, would be problematic at best. but I declined that particular station because they enjoy being anti gun, to an extreme & anything said would be taken out of context.
    Always a mistake - we lost another opportunity to get our viewpoint out there - all publicity is good publicity.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Always a mistake - we lost another opportunity to get our viewpoint out there - all publicity is good publicity.
    We had them covered. They contacted me and I gave them something positive for the evening news Friday night.....

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    hmmm, well. I have no ones telephone numbers or email addresses so, handing them off to someone else, would be problematic at best. but I declined that particular station because they enjoy being anti gun, to an extreme & anything said would be taken out of context.
    No, Not always, this particular local channel has a history of painting us gun people, the tea party people, etc, etc..in a very negative lite. Because all publicity is not always good. Ya gotta live here to understand, the drive by media( nbc26)don't like us a whole lot.. The are the most liberal, anti freedomchannel around here.