• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Green Bay Fox 11 news: Open carry picnic planned for Saturday (video at 5PM)

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

UPDATE: video news clip:
http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/local_wluk_greenbay_open_carry_picnic_200908061253_rev1

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/local_wluk_greenbay_open_carry_picnic_200908061253_rev1

Open carry picnic
planned for Saturday
Updated: Thursday, 06 Aug 2009, 3:16 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 06 Aug 2009, 12:55 PM CDT

GREEN BAY - Gun owners in Green Bay have organized an open carry picnic for Saturday. It will be held at Ted Fritsch Park on the city's west side and starts at noon. The group wanted to hold the event at Bay Beach Amusement Park but agreed to a compromise with the city to instead hold it at a park where there will be less people.

Ed Foral, one of the event's organizers, said it's a good opportunity to raise awareness about gun rights.

It is legal for Wisconsin residents to openly carry a holstered firearm without a permit. Foral said the open carry picnics have been inspired by a memo Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen sent earlier this year to district attorney's across the state. In the memo, Van Hollen said that a person can not be charged with disorderly conduct for just openly carrying a gun and there must be other cause for an arrest.

FOX 11 has left phone messages with the Green Bay city attorney's office and police department seeking comment.

Lou Hillman will have a complete report coming up tonight on FOX 11 News at Five.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DanM wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Mike wrote:
They contacted me yesterday for an interview , I respectfully declined.

I suppose you declined due to an unavoidable conflict. You did offer to them an alternate person they couldinterview, right?
hmmm, well. I have no ones telephone numbers or email addresses so, handing them off to someone else, would be problematic at best. but I declined that particular station because they enjoy being anti gun, to an extreme & anything said would be taken out of context. How ever I happily did an interview for WBAY channel 2 here in Green Bay.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
hmmm, well. I have no ones telephone numbers or email addresses so, handing them off to someone else, would be problematic at best. but I declined that particular station because they enjoy being anti gun, to an extreme & anything said would be taken out of context.
Always a mistake - we lost another opportunity to get our viewpoint out there - all publicity is good publicity.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mike wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
hmmm, well. I have no ones telephone numbers or email addresses so, handing them off to someone else, would be problematic at best. but I declined that particular station because they enjoy being anti gun, to an extreme & anything said would be taken out of context.
Always a mistake - we lost another opportunity to get our viewpoint out there - all publicity is good publicity.
No, Not always, this particular local channel has a history of painting us gun people, the tea party people, etc, etc..in a very negative lite. Because all publicity is not always good. Ya gotta live here to understand, the drive by media( nbc26)don't like us a whole lot.. The are the most liberal, anti freedomchannel around here.