• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry protocol when attending Town Hall gatherings

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Skeptic wrote:
Repeater wrote:
It seems the Democrats are now so scared of angry crowds showing up at their Town Hall meetings that some are calling for union goons to 'protect' them:

White House & DNC Release Labor Goons On Obamacare Town Halls

The nation's largest federation of labor organizations has promised to directly engage with boisterous conservative protesters at Democratic town halls during the August recess.
As the blog suggests:

WARNING: Please be smart, careful and bring cameras when attending Obamacare town halls ... But, don't let any thugs keep you away.
I would ask OCDO Super Moderators: what is your advice? May any OC'er carry or is that simply too provocative?

Looks like the OC  guy in NH handled the goons quite well.  They were spitting in faces, and pushing.  Maybe even kicked though that is not seen in the video.

William Kostic, the NH townhall OC guy,  was calm, and didn't bring out his gun or even make a moe towards it.  And that thug was mighty BIG.

http://www.youtube.com/v/sUxjahek0f8

To me the scary part is the way they just strolled away into the crowd not daunted at all by the cops.  Either they have done this plenty of times before, or they knew the cops would ignore them.  Or both - since the cops seem to studiously avoid even looking at the thugs as they walk right by them - almost as to say "what thugs?"

Shultz: I hear nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing!

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

John Wolver wrote:
i saw that too, they walked right past that cop and he said nothing. Total bs once again.
Did you see too how the thugs held their own hands behind their back to try and appear non confrontational?

They have a certain skillset for this type of confrontation, that is for sure...

imported post

Skeptic wrote:
Repeater wrote:
It seems the Democrats are now so scared of angry crowds showing up at their Town Hall meetings that some are calling for union goons to 'protect' them:

The nation's largest federation of labor organizations has promised to directly engage with boisterous conservative protesters at Democratic town halls during the August recess.
As the blog suggests:

WARNING: Please be smart, careful and bring cameras when attending Obamacare town halls ... But, don't let any thugs keep you away.
I would ask OCDO Super Moderators: what is your advice? May any OC'er carry or is that simply too provocative?

Looks like the OC guy in NH handled the goons quite well. They were spitting in faces, and pushing. Maybe even kicked though that is not seen in the video.

William Kostic, the NH townhall OC guy, was calm, and didn't bring out his gun or even make a moe towards it. And that thug was mighty BIG.

To me the scary part is the way they just strolled away into the crowd not daunted at all by the cops. Either they have done this plenty of times before, or they knew the cops would ignore them. Or both - since the cops seem to studiously avoid even looking at the thugs as they walk right by them - almost as to say "what thugs?"
the cops are all union thugs too

John Wolver

imported post

o->i wrote:
Skeptic wrote:
Repeater wrote:

As the blog suggests:

Looks like the OC guy in NH handled the goons quite well. They were spitting in faces, and pushing. Maybe even kicked though that is not seen in the video.

William Kostic, the NH townhall OC guy, was calm, and didn't bring out his gun or even make a moe towards it. And that thug was mighty BIG.

To me the scary part is the way they just strolled away into the crowd not daunted at all by the cops. Either they have done this plenty of times before, or they knew the cops would ignore them. Or both - since the cops seem to studiously avoid even looking at the thugs as they walk right by them - almost as to say "what thugs?"
the cops are all union thugs too
that is what is possibly scary, then its going to come to the integrity of the cop

kwiebe

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
As a voice for a bit of moderation, and a touch of common sense, I don't suggest or practiceOCing at events that are emotionally charged, especially if the confines of the given forum will be crowded.

If you do choose to OC, go prepared to switch to CC if things get rowdy. The chances may be slim, but if a gun grab is going to happen at all, its best chance that it will happen at these kinds of events.

I wont go unarmed to these events myself for the very reason that they are hot spots for idiots and the occasional spur of the moment martyr. When I go to protest, I want them paying attention to what I am saying, not to what I am wearing and trying to spin something out of it later.

I carry for three reasons.First for self protection, then for others protection, and lastly as a political statement. My choices follow that line of progression.
Really good, practical advice. Thanks. I especially liked the three prioritized reasons.

imported post

i oc at my town hall and everything was fine, the cops got about 20 calls which was hilarious but they finally told the dispatch to stop sending it out, and to tell the people to stop calling.

lots of cops around, chief of police, david wu... etc... its funny watching the liberals get pissy

Don Barnett

imported post

Well, our "coward" Representative is not holding Town Hall meetings; only Tele-Town Hall meetings...where he gets to pick the questions.

On an interview on Fox News, he acknowledged that his is a Liberal who happened to get elected in a traditionally conservative County (Prince William, VA); so he told the reporter that he has to take that into consideration.

Well, the Democratic Party organized an e-mail sign up for constituents to have a "one-on-one" with the Representative. I took advantage of it...prepared four pages of talking points and went in. The Representative was not there, but one of his "lackys" was...and we talked for 20 minutes. I got to test out my new digital voice recorder.

Apparently, the Dems were trying to get supporters so that the Representative could say: "Everybody here supports this bill."

I did NOT take my weapon...I am undergoing treatments with high dose steroids, so the "Smith & Wesson" did not accompany me.

FMCDH

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
rugerdon wrote:
I am undergoing treatments with high dose steroids, so the "Smith & Wesson" did not accompany me.
Please, what is the concern with "steroids"? They are not generally psychoactive and should not disable you from carrying or cause a mental defect. What is the concern please?
I believe what people are referring to is the popular slang term of "roid rage" that has been reported to occur in some people on steroids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid

This article talks about the various psychological and physiological effects.