Thread: Good Pistol for OCing?

Post imported post

I brought a new toy home today, and am trying to decide if I have the cajones to OC it ever.

What says you OCDO?

Post imported post

Police freak out over a handgun, I would not be surprised if you have 8 or more cops interfere with your rights when walking down the street with a rifle.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Post imported post

I just had an inpure thought...

edit: You can OC it all you want if we make it to Uwharrie.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Sweet!!! an AR in pistol configuration. I have been wanting to build one for myself.

There is some confusion about the legality of an AR pistol. Especially if you build it from a stripped lower assembly. My understanding is that you need to verify what the manufacturer stated it's use is to be. I have heard (not confirmed though) that some people have been tagged for having a rifle under the legal minimum length with an AR pistol.

Post imported post

kenpoprofessor carries his...

I wouldn't for a number of reasons, but if it's legal where you are and you want to, no one really has a right to tell you not to.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    Sweet!!! an AR in pistol configuration. I have been wanting to build one for myself.

There is some confusion about the legality of an AR pistol. Especially if you build it from a stripped lower assembly. My understanding is that you need to verify what the manufacturer stated it's use is to be. I have heard (not confirmed though) that some people have been tagged for having a rifle under the legal minimum length with an AR pistol.

If it was a bare lower, or sold as a pistol, then you are fine. There really is no registration for one though. If the lower was a rifle at any time, then it can not be made into a pistol. The manufacturer has nothing to do with it, unless sold as a pistol to start with.

As long as you do not have a Vertical Fore Grip (VFG) or stock on it, then you are fine. If you add a VFG it becomes and AOW, and if you add a stock it becomes a SBR; both of which require $200 tax stamps to make. An AOW can be transfered to an individual for only $5.

Post imported post

In the time it would take you to draw that AR pistol from that drop leg holster, I could draw and empty my mag.

Post imported post

I just ordered a SIG P556 .. it is considered a pistol but I already have plans to go SBR w/it..

If I was allowed to OC, not legal here in FL, I would rock a HK USP.45 Tactile..

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Glock It wrote:
    I just ordered a SIG P556 .. it is considered a pistol but I already have plans to go SBR w/it..

If I was allowed to OC, not legal here in FL, I would rock a HK USP.45 Tactile..
    Please do send us a picture of your famous Yugo AK47 with the date it saved the day engraved on the receiver.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...mp;forum_id=60

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Tactile?! Did you possibly mean Tacticle?

Post imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
    Tactile?! Did you possibly mean Tactical?
    Just thought I'd fix that for you

Post imported post

Milbars wrote:
    Gator5713 wrote:
    Touche! I do get a bit dyslexic from time to time... At least the pronunciation was correct on mine!

Post imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
    Milbars wrote:
    Gator5713 wrote:
    Touche! I do get a bit dyslexic from time to time... At least the pronunciation was correct on mine!
    Yes sir, I will give you that one.