• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good Pistol for OCing?

JDriver1.8t

imported post

I brought a new toy home today, and am trying to decide if I have the cajones to OC it ever.

DSC04867.jpg

What says you OCDO?

zack991

imported post

Police freak out over a handgun, I would not be surprised if you have 8 or more cops interfere with your rights when walking down the street with a rifle.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Sweet!!! an AR in pistol configuration. I have been wanting to build one for myself.

There is some confusion about the legality of an AR pistol. Especially if you build it from a stripped lower assembly. My understanding is that you need to verify what the manufacturer stated it's use is to be. I have heard (not confirmed though) that some people have been tagged for having a rifle under the legal minimum length with an AR pistol.

Michigander

imported post

kenpoprofessor carries his...

Vegasandocdinner037.jpg

I wouldn't for a number of reasons, but if it's legal where you are and you want to, no one really has a right to tell you not to.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Sweet!!! an AR in pistol configuration. I have been wanting to build one for myself.

There is some confusion about the legality of an AR pistol. Especially if you build it from a stripped lower assembly. My understanding is that you need to verify what the manufacturer stated it's use is to be. I have heard (not confirmed though) that some people have been tagged for having a rifle under the legal minimum length with an AR pistol.

If it was a bare lower, or sold as a pistol, then you are fine. There really is no registration for one though. If the lower was a rifle at any time, then it can not be made into a pistol. The manufacturer has nothing to do with it, unless sold as a pistol to start with.

As long as you do not have a Vertical Fore Grip (VFG) or stock on it, then you are fine. If you add a VFG it becomes and AOW, and if you add a stock it becomes a SBR; both of which require $200 tax stamps to make. An AOW can be transfered to an individual for only $5.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

In the time it would take you to draw that AR pistol from that drop leg holster, I could draw and empty my mag.

Glock It

imported post

I just ordered a SIG P556 .. it is considered a pistol but I already have plans to go SBR w/it..

If I was allowed to OC, not legal here in FL, I would rock a HK USP.45 Tactile..

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Glock It wrote:
I just ordered a SIG P556 .. it is considered a pistol but I already have plans to go SBR w/it..

If I was allowed to OC, not legal here in FL, I would rock a HK USP.45 Tactile..
Please do send us a picture of your famous Yugo AK47 with the date it saved the day engraved on the receiver.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=29879&forum_id=60

Yata hey