• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrier arrested in Omaha

Decoligny

imported post

Statesman wrote:
PavePusher wrote:
"carrying a big gun" Hahahahahahahaha!:D

To paraphrase Crocidile Dundee: "That's not a gun. THIS is a gun..."
Gun? I clearly remember the knife scene, and the punk who tried to rob him and his soon-to-be girlfriend. It was a knife! "That's not a knife. THIS is a knife!"
Guess you missed the word "paraphrase".

He was making a point about the report that the man was carrying a "BIG GUN" as opposed to just an ordinary run of the mill gun, similarly, Crocidile Dundee was carrying a "BIG KNIFE" as opposed to the ordinary run of the mill knife that the punk was carrying.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Lo these many months, is there no knowledge of the outcome, disposition of the OP?

Yata hey

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

rpyne wrote:
PolskiG wrote:
this guy is a weirdo
And this justifies denying his rights how? I am sure there are people who think you are a "weirdo", using your logic, you should be denied the right to keep and bear arms.
Every night I walk my dog, I go heavy....Glock in Serpa on belt in plain view.

Gunslinger

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
rpyne wrote:
PolskiG wrote:
this guy is a weirdo
And this justifies denying his rights how? I am sure there are people who think you are a "weirdo", using your logic, you should be denied the right to keep and bear arms.
You'd be ok, Glocks aren't "big guns" or silver. I just carry my "medium" SIG 1911, of course it's shiny so may be made of silver...:?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gunslinger wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
rpyne wrote:
PolskiG wrote:
this guy is a weirdo
You'd be ok, Glocks aren't "big guns" or silver. I just carry my "medium" SIG 1911, of course it's shiny so may be made of silver...:?
yeah, I don't like Stainless / nickel plated guns, they are way too much advertisement on your hip. I like my Black - long slide- 9mm Glock, 17 rounds, FAST double taps..really accurate.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

hibby76 wrote:
In this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5r-Tvr8hrg it did look like he was carrying a .44 Magnum (aka "Dirty Hairy gun). I could be wrong, but that's what it looked like...........and that is a big handgun.

I've got really big hands and have considered a .50 Desert Eagle for an open carry. :)
the .357 Desert Eagle is all you need, maybe the .44 mag. but he 50 A-E is just obscene over kill. & at 4.00 a shot a big waste o money. Buy a Glock, XD or a 1911.

hibby76

imported post

I totally agree. The .50 Desert Eagle is pretty dang impractical and expensive unless you have frequent run-ins with bears.

Desert Eagles are conversations pieces imo more than guns.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

hibby76 wrote:
I totally agree. The .50 Desert Eagle is pretty dang impractical and expensive unless you have frequent run-ins with bears.

Desert Eagles are conversations pieces imo more than guns.
like some hot chic. the Eagles are eye candy...

mtncrash1

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Lo these many months, is there no knowledge of the outcome, disposition of the OP?

Yata hey
I havent heard or seen anything on this since he was first cited. If he had his ccw the charges would probably have been droped and the anti gunmedia wouldnt have reported it. In Omaha you are able to oc with a ccw or oc permit.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

mtncrash1 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
I havent heard or seen anything on this since he was first cited. If he had his ccw the charges would probably have been droped and the anti gunmedia wouldnt have reported it. In Omaha you are able to oc with a ccw or oc permit.

If
he had a permit(s), I would have expected a law suit to follow.

Omaha's extra-legal requirements would seem to be in violation of Ne. preemption law. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum35/5333.html

Yata hey

mtncrash1

imported post

I believe the law suit was his intent. However nothing has made the news since.

And yse Omaha does have a few laws that violate the state and it will take a court battle to change them.