• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Horrifying video of the EZ Food Mart

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

The way thebig guy "customer"DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHINGto help out/try to stop the shooter-- he was standing right next to the raised gun arm of the POS robber -- made me think he might have been part of the crime to distract her. Afterwards, he still seems like he couldn't care less she was almost killed. You really are on your own.

Too bad she wasn't able to hit the guy with one of those 2 shots...at the very least, the POS would have been "marked" for identification later when he showed up at a hospital.

She might want to be extra aware...the punk might come back and shoot at her again. And now he knows she has a gun.

-- John D.

Brandon C

imported post

I agree that the other customer was very likely an accomplice by the way he acted. If he wasn't an accomplice, he's not much better than that dirt bag with the gun in my opinion!
If I saw a guy with a gun baring down on a woman I would have tried to stop him weather I was armed or not. Especially where they BG put himself in an easy position to be taken down by that customer.

I'm glad she was armed and willing to defend herself. This guy didn't even ask for money, he just started shooting! Had she not had a gun, she would probably be dead

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Yeah, the big-guy "customer" looks like he could have handled the shooter, but then said "customer" also looks some bad-ass tough guy, i.e., he's probably is in people's faces if they even look at him wrong, or too long. Loud andaggressive as per usual in the 'hood while "keeping it real" (what losers).

Yet in this case, when being a REAL man (instead of some bully-type) would have been VERY useful in stopping the attack (or subduing/holding the shooter for police), the POS big-guy "customer" does absolutely nothing, he just goes on with his business after the robber flees.

What a sorry piece of human trash...the two of them.

I have to hand it to the clerk: She saw the guy aiming at her just in time...most of us probably would have not noticed until it was too late, as it only took second for the guy to shoot at her. Look away from the door for even 2 seconds and you're playing catchup. Not good.

Working a convenience store has to be one of the worst (unsafe) jobs out there...and I bet AS PER USUAL -- which should be against the law putting employees at such riskwith nofear of being held responsible...but it isn't -- the owners couldn't care less about the safety of their employees as this happen ALL THE TIME andNOTHING CHANGESre: improving employees safety/making owners criminally liable. Just more clerks shot, maimed or killed. And more of the same to come.

I guess being a pizza-delivery guy comes in a close second. It's unsafe and you'll also get fired for defending yourself.

-- John D.

shad0wfax

imported post

I guarantee the other thug in there was an accomplice. He had ninja-fast reflexes the instant the clerk pulled her gun but he didn't even flinch when the armed thug shot at the clerk.

The "accomplice" was also dangerously close to her while she was talking to 9-1-1. It turned out OK for her, but she should have been more alert and kept her distance from all of the customers in the store.

Autonym

imported post

I'm glad the BG was such a bad shot.

I'm also really glad she had a gun to scare the guy off.

But my greatest happiness comes from the fact that is that she is a also bad shot: If she would have connected with him on that second shot while he was fleeing, she'd be the one in jail for attempted murder.

I know - it's easy to be the 'armchair quarterback' and judge people when you're not involved in the situation, or looking at a video tape after the fact. I also understand that under duress things can just happen.

This is why planning and training are so important. Knowing what is legal to do and what is illegal to do in a situation can make all the difference.

Scenario-play in your head, before things go sideways, what you would do, working out the best way to protect yourself, both physically and legally.

Ultimately, we're all responsible for our own actions. Putting on a gun without thinking things through can be just as dangerous as not having a gun.

My $0.02...

~Auto

Autonym

imported post

Godscreation wrote:
This was in Texas, she'd be legally fine
Ah, I'd missed where she was at.

Does "Castle Doctrine" permit back shots when the other person has disengaged?

Interesting...

SlowDog

imported post

If there is a question about the Castle Doctrine and shooting someone in the back when feeling the scene just research Joe Horn of Texas. He spent no time in jail and was defended on TV by local Prosecutor.