• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WEAPONS CHECK IN AT COURT HOUSE???

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Unfortunately I believe it's "Leave it in your car." They do have a sheriff who sits at the main exit from the building to return items confiscated at the metal detector. My wife had a pocket knife stored in this manner and it was returned promptly upon handing them our property claim form issued at the metal detector.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

I went to Las Vegas Justice Court last week. I locked my firearm in the center console , I had been CC soI had a IWB neoprene holster with the metal clip . when I got to the X ray I put my keys, cell phone, pocket change, and holster in the basket. The X ray tech said nothing , but whenI was collecting my items the security guard spotted the holster and asked where the gun was. I told him it was locked in my car and he said that I had to lock up my holster as it was not allowed. I reacted with disbelief and ask him how a holster could be considered a weapon, and if he knew of any one that was attacked with one. His reply was aggressive and he told me not to take a step forward, or I would be arrested. taken by surprise I returned to my car, locked it up and finished my business....... although a little upset.

jfrey123

imported post

Wow. He was sure "treading on you." I would've loved to see an arrest for an illegal holster. This is another one of those cases of a law enforcement officer thinking they get to create laws on the spot and arrest you for not complying with their order. 'Cept when they give an unlawful order you have no reason to follow it.... Someone down there needs an attitude adjustment.

G

imported post

I'm employed at the post office and have been given grief over my holster. I just have a simple slide holster so I bought a small flashlight that fits just right. Hard to believe that someone is afraid of a little piece of leather.