• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

leos and there guns

cabman1

imported post

POSTED: Wednesday, July 22, 2009
UPDATED: 4:07 pm EDT July 22, 2009
AURORA, Colo. -- A Denver police officer has been charged with felony menacing for allegedly brandishing his gun at a McDonald's restaurant after getting tired of waiting for his food.
Derrick Curtis, 29, Saunders also face charges of prohibited use of a weapon, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct.
An employee at the Aurora restaurant told investigators that two Denver police officers were waiting for their food at the drive-through window May 21 when one grew impatient and pulled his gun.
No one was injured.
Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson told The Denver Post that Saunders had been suspended with pay and would be put on unpaid leave once the department is formally notified of the charges.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

He should have waited until they actually started to hand over the food. Then it would have been self-defense.

Bronson

imported post

Wait a minute. Aren't they the guys with the super-secret-double-naught-spy training that makes them eminently more qualified to carry a gun than regular folks?

Oh I'm sorry. Was my sarcasm showing?

Bronson

wally1120

imported post

What everyone dont know that cops are QUALIFIED to point guns in between peoples eyes. HA ten they get all pissy when the see a Citizen with a holstered gun and get sand in there underwear. Sorry I would feel much safer if I saw a average citizen carrying in a holster then a friggen crazy azz police officer with a gun between someone eyes.

Yooper

imported post

Living near Denver for a number of years, it seems like there is always some kind of investigation going on with one of their officers for doing something stupid.

conservative85

imported post

Imagine this...No cops! Well maybe One like a sheriff or maybe a Marshall. that's all that is needed to show up after the crime has been committed, or thwarted. Lets face it one, one hundred, even a thousand officers, can thwart all or even half the crimes committed in a day.
At any time a community is just an incident away from kaos. Only an armed citizenry can keep a community as safe as safe can be. Statisticaly over 1.5 million crimes are thawrted by reegular citizens per year, and with only a shot fired in a micro amount of them.
Remember "The 2nd Amendment exercise it after all it was Granted by God, Guaranteed by George"

SlowDog

imported post

Well, for my two cents worth ....I always say..."Police officers are men first" therefore they are human and make mistakes. Problem is when they make a mistake it's usually covered up or their union protects them. I have several friends that are Law Enforcement or used to be. It is a thankless job but it's something they are sworn to do.....just sayin

G

GP-P11

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
Well, for my two cents worth ....I always say..."Police officers are men first" therefore they are human and make mistakes. Problem is when they make a mistake it's usually covered up or their union protects them. I have several friends that are Law Enforcement or used to be. It is a thankless job but it's something they are sworn to do.....just sayin

true.

This mistake is a pretty idiotic one, but idiocy can be found in any profession.

rj3663

imported post

In days past I've found myself riding in an unmarked car with one county detective and two city detectives, drinking beer (Nearly a case each) and throwing the bottles out at road signs along the expressway. When the bottles were gone they started to shoot at the signs as we passed them at well over one hundred mph. Now I know that this does'nt happen every day but these are the guys that are sworn to protect and serve right? They got chummy with me after I painted one guys car and he introduced the other two to me that happened to be hot rod fans as well. It was not a professional relationship and they never even fished for any kind of information from me. Thew were just off the hook guys that really should have worked in a factory or something. No offense to factory workers. The meaning is that they shouldn't be sworn above the law.

wally1120

imported post

OH sorry I wanted to say that cops are only qualified to pull a trigger,They don`t have to hit anything just a pull of the trigger and they get a piece of metal on there shirt.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

conservative85 wrote:
Imagine this...No cops! Well maybe One like a sheriff or maybe a Marshall. that's all that is needed to show up after the crime has been committed, or thwarted. Lets face it one, one hundred, even a thousand officers, can thwart all or even half the crimes committed in a day.
At any time a community is just an incident away from kaos. Only an armed citizenry can keep a community as safe as safe can be. Statisticaly over 1.5 million crimes are thawrted by reegular citizens per year, and with only a shot fired in a micro amount of them.
Remember "The 2nd Amendment exercise it after all it was Granted by God, Guaranteed by George"
That worked about 150 years ago. It would not fly in Chicago, Detroit, or NYC. Hell, it wouldn't work in Lansing.

This is the 21st century, robbers don't ride into town on horseback, and the only telegrams that get sent today are moneygrams. No cops=anarchy, plain and simple.

Imagine instead, a system where everyone is treated EQUALLY under the law, from the President on down. THAT would make much more sense.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
Oh, one more point. It's really a pet peeve of mine, but this thread should be titled "LEOs and THEIR guns."

:)

Your being to picky. Wears the harm in it?

What do you have against...(wait for it)...homophones?

:D