• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Fun Time at Caldwell Walmart.

John Wolver

imported post

On Wednesday the 5th, My family (wife and son) went to walmart around 3pm. I was open carrying my Glock 21 (.45 cal for those who dont know). As we were walking in we passed the greeter, a little old lady. She looked me up and down, took a side step towards me and asked "is that thing real?"to which I promptly replied "Yes ma'am it is." her response was "do you have a permit?" Me "No", Her "then You cant bring that in here". I then said,"Yes, I can. Call the store manager, Vance, and ask him." She replied " I dont know who that is." I then asked Do you know Walmart policy? She replied "no." I told her, Walmart policy is to follow the guidelines of whatever state the store is located in. And I told her Idaho is an open carry state. She said, well I dont know, the store on 12th avenue I used to work at didnt allow it and would ask people leave and not do it. I told her they was wrong for doing so. She then said let me call for a manager. I told her go ahead and waited patiently sending my family ahead to shop. She then called on the radio to a manager asking over the radio "Greeter to CSM, there is man with a gun in a holster, is he allowed to come in the store?" a prompt reply followed "Yes he is". I told her thank you and went and caught up with my family. As I was leaving, I told her thank you again for at least checking and asking since she didnt know.

PavePusher

imported post

Well and politely handled on both sides. Good work.

My only critique, you should have given her a brief overview of the law, or a handout with that info. Maybe you could give the manager a stack to hand out to the employees for "customer relations" training.

John Wolver

imported post

I did give her a real brief, in saying Idaho is an open carry state. I guess there is a little more to say to that, but not much really. As for pamphlets or something for the store, maybe I'll look into that one.