Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Travelling to Cali.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Spokane, Wa., ,
    Posts
    265

    Post imported post

    After reading the regulations for the state, I wonder if the criminals wrote them.
    I might be going to SoCal in October. My Wa state CPL is invalid. I can OC, but not loaded. In a vehicle it needs to be in a box unloaded. It is useless. And you are releasing 40,000 prisoners. Tell me this is correct.

  2. #2
    Regular Member wewd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    664

    Post imported post

    That's pretty much it.

    :?
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

    Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

    "Live Free or Die"

  3. #3
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,748

    Post imported post

    It doesn't need to be in a box when you're in a vehicle. If you're driving withing 1000' of a school then it needs to be in a fully enclosed locked container. If you're just driving around you can toss it on the dashboard or keep it holstered or toss it on the passenger seat. Keep it openly visible basically (and don't let it slide down to the floor) and you are in compliance with the law.

    The other stuff is spot on though. We're apparently totally insane. At least, the people in charge of our government are.

  4. #4
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Stanislaus County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,586

    Post imported post

    bigtoe416 wrote:
    It doesn't need to be in a box when you're in a vehicle. If you're driving withing 1000' of a school then it needs to be in a fully enclosed locked container. If you're just driving around you can toss it on the dashboard or keep it holstered or toss it on the passenger seat. Keep it openly visible basically (and don't let it slide down to the floor) and you are in compliance with the law.
    I would warn against having it on the seat, dash, or anywhere else other than your locked case or holster. It could too easily get jarred around and end up somewhere it would be considered concealed. And if you do get pulled over, I could see a dishonest cop claim he found it under the seat, not on it.

    If it's in your holster, or in your locked container, then it's much harder for anything bad to happen.

    If you really want to open carry, then I suggest having your locking container on the seat next to you. If you find yourself entering a school zone, simply lock it up until you're out.

    Just be aware that open carry is still a "new" idea here. From what I've experienced, and what I've read here, most officers will violate your 4A rights, or worse.

    Malicious prosecution by District Attorneys and City Attorneys is uncommon, but does happen.

    Don't want to scare you off, but if you haven't been keeping up on the CA forum, you may not know what to expect. I suggest you read around a bit before making a decision.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org


    Don't Tread On Me.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego County, CA, California, USA
    Posts
    1,402

    Post imported post

    fetch wrote:
    After reading the regulations for the state, I wonder if the criminals wrote them.
    They did.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Decoligny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rosamond, California, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    N6ATF wrote:
    fetch wrote:
    After reading the regulations for the state, I wonder if the criminals wrote them.
    They did.
    The criminals in question are more commonly known as the California Legislature.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Spokane, Wa., ,
    Posts
    265

    Post imported post

    Thanks for the replies. I grew up in Napa. Left California in '76. What you have now did not happen overnight. California's problems started more than 50 years ago. You could really go back 150 years, but that is a different story. The people are in charge of the legislature. I will continue to read the laws.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    15

    Post imported post

    CA_Libertarian wrote:
    bigtoe416 wrote:
    It doesn't need to be in a box when you're in a vehicle. If you're driving withing 1000' of a school then it needs to be in a fully enclosed locked container. If you're just driving around you can toss it on the dashboard or keep it holstered or toss it on the passenger seat. Keep it openly visible basically (and don't let it slide down to the floor) and you are in compliance with the law.
    I would warn against having it on the seat, dash, or anywhere else other than your locked case or holster. It could too easily get jarred around and end up somewhere it would be considered concealed. And if you do get pulled over, I could see a dishonest cop claim he found it under the seat, not on it.

    If it's in your holster, or in your locked container, then it's much harder for anything bad to happen.

    If you really want to open carry, then I suggest having your locking container on the seat next to you. If you find yourself entering a school zone, simply lock it up until you're out.

    Just be aware that open carry is still a "new" idea here. From what I've experienced, and what I've read here, most officers will violate your 4A rights, or worse.

    Malicious prosecution by District Attorneys and City Attorneys is uncommon, but does happen.

    Don't want to scare you off, but if you haven't been keeping up on the CA forum, you may not know what to expect. I suggest you read around a bit before making a decision.
    California must be pretty bad to had there own state researcher talking bad about them. Why can't the people of CA. get a clue and stop voting for these idots. If not that then why not make a North and South California. At least the North would allow you to have more of your freedoms back.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •