• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Airport carry

TylerEMT

imported post

I'm picking up a friend in a few days at the flagstaff airport. She supposedly has a crazy stalker ex boyfriend thats planning on showing up... Long story, but just wondering if open carry at Flagstaff airport is legal. Any signs posted? I really don't want to run into this guy without my gun.

.45acp

imported post

Hi Tyler,

I OC'ed a the Salt Lake City airport for several hours last Sat. Spoke with several TSA security type and one SLC LEO. Not a word about my 1911. Sky Cap asked if I was a Sherriff, I explained No, that open carry is perfectly legal most anywhere in Utah. His comment was “Cool”.

In SLC you can OC at the ticket counter, baggage claim, sidewalk etc. But do not even think about the secure area. Check for any No Weapons signs.

I would check out the airport just to make sure AZ. does not have something funky on the books.

TylerEMT

imported post

I drove by the main enterance before I went in and saw the big no gun signs. So I then parked and put my gun in the glove box. When I got to the enterance I figured out they were no smoking signs (very funny drawn cigerette), but by that time I was too lazy to go all the way back to my car. Oh well, now I know.

rolexbenz190e

imported post

I carried in Flag airport about 3 times now. No hassles.... But right after 9/11 happened, there were 2 armed military guards at each entrance... I imagine that it wouldn't have been so easy to get in while OC'ing during that time period.