Thread: Seatac terminal, to OC or not?

Post imported post

OK now first off, I know according to state law I'm not prohibited from carrying in the non-secure areas of the airport. As a matter of fact, state law specifically permits carry in those non-sterile areas. I've also read plenty of horror stories of OCers getting harassed there for such intimidating behavior as sitting around minding their own business while carrying:quirky. IIRC, there's also been mention of "pending litigation" and I think even some of the die-hards around here expressed the opinion that "now is not the time to press the issue."

So has anyone have any recent experience "getting away" with OCing in the terminal (other than Condi Rice that is)?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Post imported post

I've open carried several times at SEA since Mainsail was arrested. I've had no problems, even when walking in front of a bunch of TSA. I don't agree that law abiding activity should be curtailed because certain cops can't read or understand the law. That goes double for their superiors.

My main purpose in carrying is protection of self and family. Nobody has a right to curtail that right of mine, regardless of whether it's couched in term of a "rule" or whatever. "Only in a society of cannibals would the right of self defense come into question," is what I told Dave Workman. I believe it so I live it.

MD

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

I have OC'ed there to pick up and drop off mother in law, not as much MachoDuck but I didn't have a problem either.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Same here, OCed there for about an hour and a half a couple months ago while dropping off family. No problems at all.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi

As always, insert standard IANAL disclaimer here.

Post imported post

I OC'd there and was accused of being with "THAT group" :what:

Post imported post

mtlhdtodd wrote:
    I OC'd there and was accused of being with "THAT group" :what:
    Ah yes, I remember that. Too bad I don't have a shirt with that to wear, might save me the trouble of answering
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.