• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seatac terminal, to OC or not?

Metalhead47

imported post

OK now first off, I know according to state law I'm not prohibited from carrying in the non-secure areas of the airport. As a matter of fact, state law specifically permits carry in those non-sterile areas. I've also read plenty of horror stories of OCers getting harassed there for such intimidating behavior as sitting around minding their own business while carrying:quirky. IIRC, there's also been mention of "pending litigation" and I think even some of the die-hards around here expressed the opinion that "now is not the time to press the issue."

So has anyone have any recent experience "getting away:banghead:" with OCing in the terminal (other than Condi Rice that is)?

Machoduck

imported post

I've open carried several times at SEA since Mainsail was arrested. I've had no problems, even when walking in front of a bunch of TSA. I don't agree that law abiding activity should be curtailed because certain cops can't read or understand the law. That goes double for their superiors.

My main purpose in carrying is protection of self and family. Nobody has a right to curtail that right of mine, regardless of whether it's couched in term of a "rule" or whatever. "Only in a society of cannibals would the right of self defense come into question," is what I told Dave Workman. I believe it so I live it.

MD

eBratt

imported post

Same here, OCed there for about an hour and a half a couple months ago while dropping off family. No problems at all.