• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Same old restaurant new owners Tom's in Flint

LaVere

imported post

I went is as usual to eat breakfast. While waiting to pay I was standing and a person ie (the new owner ) was sitting next to me. That put his eyes and my open carry nearly the same level. ;). He looked over then looked up at me and asked is that a water pistol. I said "no it is the real thing." He just looked at it again and went back to his whatever he was doing. Not a peep, not a word, nothing. I think he could have cared less and was just having a conversation with me.

3797689335_36b5f9f0b4_m.jpg

astrogiblet

imported post

blairellis wrote:
Isn't the way you are "openly carrying" that kind of a gray area? Isn't there a case where someone was recently hassled for doing it that way?

If you have a CPL it doesn't matter.. its either considered concealed or open carry, and you've got both covered, ;)

LaVere

imported post

I do have a CPL but at times it is just easer to " Open carry". I call that open carry. Some or most of the gun is visible to a normal person. If you look at the picture all of the pistol that would be showing with a outside waist band is still showing.The belt or pants are not covering any more of the gun.

I know I know I've read all of the crap. That is why we all need to work for no carry restrictions. Why should I have to pay $300.00+- training ? and CPL. What is clearly a RIGHT in Michigan constitution.

Do the math Michigan State police stated 200,000 in michigan with cpl

200,000 X 105 (fee) = $21 million the state earns just from fees. That is alot of money.

Lets see that $256,000 per county (82)

and say two employees each county needed. I think you could find employees to work for

$128,000 a year each.

3800524533_d4f6a5a8e9_o.jpg

astrogiblet

imported post

LaVere wrote:
200,000 X 105 (fee) = $21 million the state earns just from fees. That is alot of money.
And hence the reason the laws will never change, unfortunately. If anything they will probably start charging more soon.

The only way we'd get the laws to change is if we got the government to charge or tax us on something else in place of the CPL charge they are currently getting.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

astrogiblet wrote:
LaVere wrote:
And hence the reason the laws will never change, unfortunately. If anything they will probably start charging more soon.

The only way we'd get the laws to change is if we got the government to charge or tax us on something else in place of the CPL charge they are currently getting.
If Michigan would at least offer an lifetime CPL much like Indiana, I wouldn't mind shelling out a hundred or so for that. I know, we really shouldn't have to pay squat for it, but it is what it is.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

There are 83 counties in Michigan. Those gun board folks are already being paid by us as public servants. They get the job done now with the time and money they get, so why do they need an additional $105.00 from each of us? What I'm trying to say is other than gun board duties, their regular tasks are still getting done, if not then the 105.00 per permittee should be deducted from their pay, right? So it appears that it is all about the money.springerdave.

T Vance

imported post

springerdave wrote:
There are 83 counties in Michigan. Those gun board folks are already being paid by us as public servants. They get the job done now with the time and money they get, so why do they need an additional $105.00 from each of us? What I'm trying to say is other than gun board duties, their regular tasks are still getting done, if not then the 105.00 per permittee should be deducted from their pay, right? So it appears that it is all about the money.springerdave.
They gotta pay for the photo and laminate. That's gotta cost somewhere around $105 ;)

autosurgeon

imported post

You pay for the photo... and the laminating costs about 1.00 per card if you buy the laminator sleeves in cases. The desktop laminator they use costs about 60.00 new.... and can be used over and over for many years.

Oh and I know you were being sarcastic!!!:lol: