Thread: OC into a bank, legal, not legal, anyone tried, and what banks?

Post imported post

Has anyone tried this yet? I had a knife on me awhile ago and was asked to take it out to the car by the manager. I did.Awhile later we talked.she told me it was federal property because the bank is FDIC insured. I asked her if no weapons were allowed why were no signs posted. She didnt know why. This was the Wells Fargo, Clearwater office, Caldwell Walmart.

Post imported post

The bank is not federal property. The FDIC insurance is on the money incase it is stolen, IIRC, but the bank is not federal property. Banks are private property, just like any other business.

Here is the website that lists where firearms are not allowed in ID by state law.
    http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newi...d=180330002C.K

Banks are not on the list.

Post imported post

Sir, thank you.

Post imported post

So I am thinking I will print this off and take it in there, and have another talk. She was supposed to contact corporate and find out, maybe I will to.

Post imported post

I OC in Wells Fargo and Alaska USA Credit Union at least once a week. I have never had a problem. Banks are not federal property.

Post imported post

this is some interesting stuff i found too;

http://gunowners.org/op0007.htm

Post imported post

i can tell you as an employee, Bank of America's policy is that they will follow state law on the topic of firearms. I would advise informing them of that and letting them know they can call corporate to confirm.

Post imported post

thanks!

Post imported post

Legal 100%, I've only done it to the Wells Fargo branch on Overland/Five Mile, nothing really to report other than an anti-gun clerk.

Post imported post

I spoke to the clearwater branch manger in caldwell. She is going to look into it. For now i am going to respect her wishes while we sort it out.

Post imported post

United States Federal Law 18 U.S.C. 930 prohibits carrying any Firearm to or while at any Federal Facility.

Banks are not Federal Facilites, and as such, no special gun-free zone for them.

There are a few States, that, unfortunately, ban Firearms in Banks though, but your State is not one of them.

If they ask you to leave, then, agree with them that your business should be taken elsewhere. There are many other Banks who would love to have your business.

Post imported post

i was asked just to go through the drive-thru at one Zions bank in the area, so i do.

but one Q for ya'll... even if it's legal to take it into banks, they can still say it's considered "private property" and declare it a gun-free area, right?

Post imported post

exactly! They are not federal property so it is legal but if they ask you to leave or not OC then you must obey or it would be considered trespassing.

Post imported post

brianstone1985 wrote:
    exactly! They are not federal property so it is legal but if they ask you to leave or not OC then you must obey or it would be considered trespassing.

Correction. If they ask you to leave, you must or its considered trespassing. If they ask you to leave the gun in the car and you refuse, you're not breaking any law yet. They still have to ask you to actually leave (or tell you to directly) before you can actually be trespassing. Small point, I know, but its important to realize its not a firearm issue, its a property rights issue. They same can be said of private property when you speak of wearing hats, bringing booze with you, or anything else. The gun is not the key factor here.

Post imported post

Touche Indiana boy!

Post imported post

Anyone know about Wells Fargo's policies?

Post imported post

i guess it COULD have a corporate-made rule against guns, but the trend here seems like it's up to the manager of the bank...

Post imported post

working wells fargos policies now, gimme at least a week, might be 2, i have finals and stuff.